Westone UM3X Thread
Jul 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #1,487 of 4,413
Just got a pair, but the mids and lows are overpowering the highs....guessing I have to burn them in for a looooonnnnnnggggg time. The lows and comfort level is spectacular though :p

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #1,488 of 4,413
^^^
Try the modded triple flanges, for little more treble energy. Anyway, the bass and mids may settled down in a week or two.
Good Luck

Jul 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #1,490 of 4,413
Sorry this is really off topic, but... cyberspyder you drive a skyline? Me too!

I see that you are on gtrcanada.com as well. Small world that we have...

Back on topic, I'm looking to get some UM3X to add to my collection as well, are there any Canadian dealers?

Jul 12, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #1,491 of 4,413
Jul 12, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #1,492 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think these are beginning to rather grow on me

What??!! No, Mark, it must be a bad dream - go on, wake up! :)

Jul 12, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #1,493 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What??!! No, Mark, it must be a bad dream - go on, wake up! :)

lol

btw did you ever try the um3 with the icon mobile, i cant recall of the top of my head and getting tired so cant be arsed to check, too many pages of posts. im still not happy how source fussy these are but now ive found a combo that works im am quite liking them but its not a set up id be inclined to carry out and about

oh also do you find you icon makes quite a bit of noise when running as a dac? that was really peeing me off the other day

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #1,494 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol

btw did you ever try the um3 with the icon mobile, i cant recall of the top of my head and getting tired so cant be arsed to check, too many pages of posts. im still not happy how source fussy these are but now ive found a combo that works im am quite liking them but its not a set up id be inclined to carry out and about

oh also do you find you icon makes quite a bit of noise when running as a dac? that was really peeing me off the other day

Never tried the Icon with either the UM3X or ES3X - sold it to get the Mustang which is also gone by now.

I can't really remember it making noise really with my Toshiba laptop. I must say, though, I hardly used it running as a DAC as I hardly ever listen to music from my laptop, but mainly paired it with my Classic, which didn't do anything really; that's why I sold it.

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #1,495 of 4,413
IM + UM3X is not a good combo. Find something else
smily_headphones1.gif

What kind of noise? Is it the clicking like noises? Then noise is might be from the charging circuit, IMO, I managed to reduce/eliminate the noise by
1) Use a USB cable with ferrite core filter.
2) Unplug and plug it again. Most of the time, it's work.

But, lately, no more noises from the IM.

TQ

Jul 13, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #1,496 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry this is really off topic, but... cyberspyder you drive a skyline? Me too!

I see that you are on gtrcanada.com as well. Small world that we have...

Back on topic, I'm looking to get some UM3X to add to my collection as well, are there any Canadian dealers?

*about to drive*.....the GTR is coming in a month, unless I decide to wait it out for a R33 GTR.

So more burn-in? Also, what are the modded triple flanges? How do people fit olives over the tips? Won't they not stay on since te soundtube is smaller than the actual one on the IEM?

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #1,500 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IM + UM3X is not a good combo. Find something else
smily_headphones1.gif

What kind of noise? Is it the clicking like noises? Then noise is might be from the charging circuit, IMO, I managed to reduce/eliminate the noise by
1) Use a USB cable with ferrite core filter.
2) Unplug and plug it again. Most of the time, it's work.

But, lately, no more noises from the IM.

TQ

lol oh i know its a bad combo and is is accelerating my get a new amp thoughts but wallets says not or a couple months at least as im moving arounf sept time.

will try the unpluging and pluging back in, i dont use it v much as a dac but on the laptop its just soooooo much better than the hp out on it. hp out on the dell ive got is just so unbelievably bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back