Westone UM3X Thread
Nov 24, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #4,381 of 4,413
Um Pro30 housing worse than UM3X. MMCX issiue,glue problem. I think 2 pin connector safer than MMCX.
Now I bought brand new UM3X and I am planning to use long time. 

I had my UM3x for about 3 and a half years without any problems.

I upgraded to the UM Pro 50 about 8 months ago and I've now had 3 separate issues with the MMCX connectors in the past 10 weeks. UM Pro sound great but the build quality just isn't as good as the old UM3x (mainly due to MMCX connectors).

If you are considering the UM3x, go for it. They sound great and they'll last.
Thanks for the feedback, just pulled the trigger on these, and hoping they're as amazing as people make them out to be.

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #4,383 of 4,413
If you are after a thick, non-fatiguing, bassy, forward mids with intimate sound stage, there's no better universal iem atm regardless of price. 
The nozzle on these is longer than that of the westone 3, right? Had some insertion issues with the latter and pretty nuch couldn't get the full range as is the case with the 3s.

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #4,384 of 4,413
The nozzle on these is longer than that of the westone 3, right? Had some insertion issues with the latter and pretty nuch couldn't get the full range as is the case with the 3s.

The UM3X-RC is easier to fit in my ears than my old W3's - I think the nozzle is longer. 

May 10, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #4,388 of 4,413
Even tho this thread is not for the UM Pro 30, I found it very helpful in my decision.

Also, earphone solutions has a 100 off 399+ coupon code!

Coupon code: FZZ

cx2AhiG.jpg

May 23, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #4,389 of 4,413
Can somebody confirm if the Westone ES3X and UM3X have the exact internal components. 
If so will it not matter which one I reshell as they will end up with the same results?

I tried to research this question a couple of years ago, and really never got a certain answer. I do remember though that the impedance was listed as being exactly the same (56 ohms iirc) so I assumed that they were the same internally. If not that would be quite the coincidence. I had mine reshelled about 1.5 years ago, and still love 'em. Good luck.

May 24, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #4,390 of 4,413
Can somebody confirm if the Westone ES3X and UM3X have the exact internal components. 
If so will it not matter which one I reshell as they will end up with the same results?
I think someone on this thread emailed a westone rep before and they confirmed that all pre-existing models had just gotten a aesthetic refresh and no internal changes.

Jun 2, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #4,393 of 4,413
Deciding between some totl iem/ciem K10ua, Andromeda, UERR, ES60. But wan something for nos quckly, because I like a lot UM3X in past so just would like to know is UM PRO 30 really the same sounding as UM3X? I would like still buy more UM3X it looks cooler and because I had them I trust them more.

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #4,394 of 4,413
I think they are very similar sounding if not the same, although the Pro 30 built is a bit better in my opinion, especially the connectors. If you like the UM3X, I'm sure you'd love the K10UA.

Quote:
Deciding between some totl iem/ciem K10ua, Andromeda, UERR, ES60. But wan something for nos quckly, because I like a lot UM3X in past so just would like to know is UM PRO 30 really the same sounding as UM3X? I would like still buy more UM3X it looks cooler and because I had them I trust them more.

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #4,395 of 4,413

I personally don't trust mmcx connectors in general, and any I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find a 2nd hand um3x for cheap in your local marketplace so I would go with that if I were you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back