Westone UM3X Thread
Aug 3, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #1,651 of 4,413
Here is the picture of my current setup
smily_headphones1.gif

bakhtiar-albums-westone-um3x-picture3131-westone-um3x-custom-ear-canal-tips-ibasso-d10.jpg

Bottom line, custom tips do make sound better, IMHO.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #1,652 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

bakhtiar-albums-westone-um3x-picture3131-westone-um3x-custom-ear-canal-tips-ibasso-d10.jpg

smily_headphones1.gif

That must be a terrible set up and waste of money....

....There's no source...

Aug 3, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #1,654 of 4,413
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Bet custom tips are fantastic for listening to nothing...

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #1,655 of 4,413
Ooops... forgot to mentioned that, the source is from my T61 laptop, which has been cropped out from the picture, via USB
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway Silence is GOLD
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #1,658 of 4,413
Dude, look at your input jack. Or did you install invisible cables?

We're having a little fun with you. Take it easy. This too shall pass.

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #1,659 of 4,413
Ooo.. I am using USB, which is located at the BACK of the D10.

Ok, next I will post another picture.... with other setup...

Aug 3, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #1,661 of 4,413
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

hi there, what did you use to coil the um3x connector? (blue color wire thingy, a wire?)

Aug 3, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #1,662 of 4,413
I appreciate the style and music reproduction of headphones is ultimately down to personal taste, but having now having had a pair of Westone 3's for a couple of weeks my overall view of their performance is disappointing.

You of course need to have something to compare with to make a valued judgement; before buying the Westone's I have lived happily with a pair of Ultimate Triple 10's.

The Westone's cable is very thin and not easy to mould around the back of your ears. This also makes them appear very fragile. Some folk talk about the Triple 10's not being the most comfortable; I personally find them very comfortable using Comply Ear Tips. Not the case with Westone's which after 30 minutes-or-so started to feel uncomfortable. With only two sizes of ear-tips supplied I also could not get a good seal in the ear.

Sound quality; the Westones are much brighter than the Triples 10's. Listening to classical music I describe the sound as shrill. The bass, although not lacking, in my view can’t compete with the Triple 10’s, especially if you listen a lot to soul/dance music

As you can rarely audition in-ear plugs, like me you rely on sites like this to help make your buying decisions and it was on this basis I decided to buy the Westones. If I had had the opportunity to listen to them first I almost certainly would not have bought them. So in my view, if you are looking to buy the best non custom made IEPs that money can buy I recommend the Triple 10’s over the Westones UM 3 without question

Aug 3, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #1,663 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Musicman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone 3.. Westones UM 3..

I can't tell whether you're talking about the Westone UM3X or the Westone 3. They are two totally different earphones. I assume you're talking about the Westone 3 based on your description. In that case, you should take it to the Westone 3 thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back