Westone UM3X replaceable cable
Aug 17, 2010 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

T.F.O.A

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, finally i'm gonna upgrade my um2, thinking of um3x and then found out they have this new um3x with replaceable cable. any suggestion which one i should go for? the normal one or the one with replaceable cable? also will there be any difference in the sound that it produces? knowing the replaceable one is with the es3x cable. 

Thanks, guys.

ksc75smile.gif

Aug 17, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 8
get the one with replaceable cable.  Most of the time, the cable is the first to give out for IEMs.  Better to only have to replace the cable rather than the whole IEM.

Aug 17, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 8
Go for the UM3Xs with replaceable cable, they are slightly more expensive but worth-while in the long run, I think. My UM2s cable just broke after the warranty ran out and now they are next to useless to me. I don't think there'd be any difference in sound quality though.

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 8
The other benefit of buying the UM3X with replaceable cable package is that it includes the 'fit kit' which comprises a larger number of tip styles to experiment with. Also, the replaceable cable have the 'memory wire'. This holds the shape of the cable close to the IEM (i.e. where it wraps around the back of your ear) and helps keep the IEM in place.

Nov 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #6 of 8
If I order UM3X,I have to ask for the ones with replaceable cable,or now,they are all  with this spec?
And something else please.
Which store you know,that is decent,and has sensible prices?
(I found a store,named,"Simply Electronics",which sells at Euros 315.00,but I don't know anything for this).
Theodore.

Nov 7, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #7 of 8
You can buy the UM3X with or without the replaceable cable ( - along with the other accessories included in the replaceable cable package) - the price differs between the two packages accordingly.

I brought my HD 650 and UM3X from http://www.iheadphones.co.uk. I've been pleased with their service (although I've never had to return any goods etc.) and they deliver worldwide (though they may not present the best value for customers outside the UK).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back