Westone UM2
Nov 26, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #121 of 128
Juz got my UM2 yesterday.. XD..

Sounds great.. My expectation was a little higher though.. No complaints for the price i got it..
tongue_smile.gif

Wanna ask does it improves much by adding an amp..?

And what tips can be used for the UM2..

Thanks..

Nov 26, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #122 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by proclaimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Juz got my UM2 yesterday.. XD..

Sounds great.. My expectation was a little higher though.. No complaints for the price i got it..
tongue_smile.gif

Wanna ask does it improves much by adding an amp..?

And what tips can be used for the UM2..

Thanks..

No improvement with amp. All the Shure tips fit as well. I wasn't overly impressed either the first day but after a few days I really warmed up to them. Get about 8-10 hours use first.

Nov 26, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #123 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No improvement with amp. All the Shure tips fit as well. I wasn't overly impressed either the first day but after a few days I really warmed up to them. Get about 8-10 hours use first.

No improvement at all? I was thinking about getting the UM2 and the FiiO E5 too my Ipod touch 32gb...

Nov 26, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #124 of 128
I listen pretty loud and UM2's are perhaps THE MOST efficient IEM I have ever used. Just over 50% volume on an Ipod is practically ear-splitting. Given that I can't possible see how adding another signal between the Ipod and the IEM's could possible "improve" anything and may even deteriorate the sound some. Someone feel free to correct me on this.

Nov 27, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #125 of 128
I agree that you say UM2 is very efficient.. On the same volume on my ipod touch its louder that other IEM i own..

I've read that some say with amp UM2 does improves yet some disagree..

Anyone wanna confirm this..?

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #126 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by proclaimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that you say UM2 is very efficient.. On the same volume on my ipod touch its louder that other IEM i own..

I've read that some say with amp UM2 does improves yet some disagree..

Anyone wanna confirm this..?

It really does not make much of a difference. Amps are certainly good for headphones. For IEM's, not really, although I am sure I may get flamed for this statement.

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #128 of 128
Have been a huge fan of westone since I tried out my friends um1s. Ended up getting the um2s new, for 250 2 years ago, and have sent them in for warranty 4 times. The 2 year warranty is ridiculously nice.

I think the bass is more than sufficient and as a plus the Comfort level is superior!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back