Westone STAR(TM) silicon tips and TRUE-FIT(TM) foam tips available
Mar 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #19 of 106
I heard the Star tips the other day at a meet... pretty good!

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #20 of 106
Well, I e-mailed Westone about the possibility of shipping these internationally without luxury shipping options or whatever it is that causes shipping to be such a hefty price, so we'll see what they say.

I'm absolutely in love with my UM3Xes and that's with the original, uncomfortable tips. I desperately want to hear them with these :D. But I'm not paying $55 for the honor :frowning2:.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #21 of 106
Quote:
Well, I e-mailed Westone about the possibility of shipping these internationally without luxury shipping options or whatever it is that causes shipping to be such a hefty price, so we'll see what they say.

I'm absolutely in love with my UM3Xes and that's with the original, uncomfortable tips. I desperately want to hear them with these
biggrin.gif
. But I'm not paying $55 for the honor
frown.gif

Let us know their response, if yes then I'll ask them to do the same
cheers

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #22 of 106
Quote:

I'm absolutely in love with my UM3Xes and that's with the original, uncomfortable tips. I desperately want to hear them with these
biggrin.gif
. But I'm not paying $55 for the honor
frown.gif

do you know what size you are? if its a size I dont use, Ill mail you a pair. no charge for the tips but not sure how much it will be to ship.  pm me if you want.

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #23 of 106
Please let me know your location. If we have a distributor in your location, I will get you their contact. Otherwise, we will get you the best price possible on shipping to your location.

Thank you,

John 

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #24 of 106
Wow, I've been converted! The star tips are awesome. I haven't ever been able to get silicon tips to seal well but these are perfect. I didn't find the foam I tried to be very comfortable but I think these are my new tips.

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #25 of 106
I'm not entirely sure what my size is - I usually take medium tips so I guess it would be the reds and/or blacks.

I'm currently e-mailing a Westone representative who is very helpful on the different kinds of shipping that they may be able to provide my in South Africa and the cost thereof. Still sounds like it might be pricier than I care for, but we'll see.

I suppose another option is to trade tip sizes if we get that fit kit off eBay, haha :). I imagine most people are mediums, though, so might not work out.

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #26 of 106
I'm trying the foam tips right now and I like these too.  They probably isolate better than the silicon I imagine but I need to see how the sound difference is.  Curiously I seem to need a smaller size of these than I do the comply.  So it looks like on the STAR tip I'm a red and on the TRUE-FIT I'm a blue.  I may keep both around, depending on the isolation.  The STAR is definitely good enough for the office but I might want some extra isolation when I fly.  I can't get over how comfortable the STAR tip is though.

Mar 28, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #27 of 106
Okay, so I got a response from Westone and the cheapest shipping I can get to here is $25 for an untracked parcel, which I think would probably apply to most other international destinations since it applies tot he UK as well. Still too expensive for me, though :frowning2:. I can't reconcile with spending more money on shipping than the product being shipped. 

Maybe one day they'll get closer distributors or better shipping rates or something. For now I'll probably see if I can get a fit kit off of eBay even though I'll only land up with one set of tips I really want - at least I'll get the earwax cleaning loop and that sort of thing that I didn't get in my second-hand purchase of the UM3X. 

If anyone ever finds these available elsewhere without such costly international shipping, let us know! I'm not sure Westone will ever make them available to resellers, but we can hope. Or just wait for some cheap Chinese knock-offs that ship for free :).

I must commend Westone on their customer support - truly superb, friendly and fast. I'm glad it lives up to the hype and I'm pleased to have bought Westone IEMs over others not only because the earphones are good quality, but so is customer relations. The shipping costs are disappointing, but I'm still pleased by the support. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #28 of 106
I have just ordered the Orange star tips. I am not going to rant too much but to pay $27 as the cheapest shipping to the UK is steep to say the least. I paid the $32 shipping because it will be quicker and due to the only other option being $5 less.
There is zero weight. You are not going to sell many tips to UK customers. I can afford it, some maybe cannot but it is the principle. £300 for the IEMS (which are yes fantastic) shouldn`t warrant that expense for tips.

May 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #29 of 106
Just popping in to say that the star tips work great for me. They offer the convenience and comfort of the older grey silicon tips, but the sound quality of modded tri-flange tips. Well done, Westone. Now my W3's are reaching their potential! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back