westone or shure?
Jul 10, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #17 of 27
Westone 3s are universal. There is already a three driver custom Westone but it has a midrange bump to assist performers to hear their vocals or guitar and is therefore not intended for listening to muisc. Apparently a custom audiophile three driver IEM is in the works.

Jul 12, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #18 of 27
hmmm, i may need to upgrade to the 3 it seems
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #19 of 27
I am kinda chilling out waiting for 3s, according to Ray's impressions Westone 3 is going to be a god of IEMs, especially in the custom version.

Jul 12, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what will be the estimated retail price on the westone 3's? i can't seem to find that anywhere

earphonesolutions.com has it i believe for 400

Jul 16, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #23 of 27
I love the warm sound of my UM2's, dont find the highs wanting, and if I do, just use the treble booster in my Ipod nano without any hiss (hiss only heard when you turn it on, it dissapears when music starts playing), without any sibilance, and like mentioned before by many, the cable is very light. I wear them for hours with the Shure olive tips and even forget I am wearing them. The 500/530 would not be an option for me mainly because of the cord. Dont like the memory cord and there are lots of complaints in these forums regarding cracked wires. Everybody says is not a big deal because Shure's customer service is great. I'd find it very inconvenient to have to send my IEM's for repair or exchange it they break. If the customer service is so good, why don't they fix the design of their cords in the first place?

Jul 16, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They had the real one, not prototypes at the head-fi meet. I haven't read a single negative impression on them.

Then you haven't looked hard enough
smily_headphones1.gif
Although there haven't been any "These are terrible!" reviews, more than one person has posted a mediocre review. Off the top of my head, I can remember complains about sibilance (& unnatural decay) and that it's more of a refined UM2 than a new leap forward. Of course, the W3 got a shining review from Ray Samuels, which is certainly more promising than just about anything else I can think of.

Jul 17, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive got the UM2's, I absolutely love them, but it looks like theyll be in the FS forum soon when I can get my grubby mitts on the westone 3.

The Westone 3's do look very nice, and are getting good reviews before they're even released at the moment. I wonder if they'll 'blow away' my Shure E500's like the E500's blew away my E4G's? If they do, I think I'll get some, if they don't, I'm not sure I can justify in my head another $400. Kinda like why I'm holding off from an iMod/Kenwood, because I'm not sure in the value for money over what I've already got.

Jul 17, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Westone 3's do look very nice, and are getting good reviews before they're even released at the moment.

Yup, just like E530, Triple Fi, etc, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back