Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Oct 3, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #1,696 of 1,871
pila, i think the jh13 is too expensive..
and seems like its performance doesn't justify the $300 premium over ES3X

from what i've read, the ES3X will suit my taste very well, i like my mids forward :p

but damn, i think i got an ear infection .. can't go do my impression just yet..
frown.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #1,697 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should have a slightly different sound signature, but the ES3X is no doubt a performer. Yes the ES3X uses the same drivers as the UM3X and the W3

W3 only uses 1 or 2 of the same three drivers in the UM3X, but not all are the same. And the cross-over is also different.

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #1,698 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
W3 only uses 1 or 2 of the same three drivers in the UM3X, but not all are the same. And the cross-over is also different.

i'm pretty sure it's the same, the only difference is the crossover. The UM3X and ES3X use the TWFK and the Ci22955. Looking at the disassembled W3 three here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/w...embled-413581/

Oct 4, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #1,699 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm pretty sure it's the same, the only difference is the crossover. The UM3X and ES3X use the TWFK and the Ci22955. Looking at the disassembled W3 three here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/w...embled-413581/

Well, I am repeating what p0wderh0und23 told me personally a few months ago about the W3 drivers vs UM3X drivers. We both agree the ES3X and UM3X share the same drivers.

Oct 4, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #1,700 of 1,871
Quote:

Well, I am repeating what p0wderh0und23 told me personally a few months ago about the W3 drivers vs UM3X drivers. We both agree the ES3X and UM3X share the same drivers.

hmm interesting. Would like to see what he says the difference are, cause by the looks of it. It's the same.

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #1,702 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asahi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's means Es3x and Um3x sound is quite the same? Es3x it's deffence is crossover and the moldel. Es3x each divers have each pipe of it.

The sound is "similar", but not identical - the ES3X have an extra degree of transparency, size and depth to the sound that the UM3X can't reach.

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #1,703 of 1,871
Quote:

Hello,
You seem to be the resident expert on the subject of iems here at Head-fi. I am looking for some definitive advice about moving from Grado RS-2 to an iem. I sold the RS-2s to get the HF-2, big mistake, as I thought the former did everything so well. Now I am looking for a great iem to cover all the bases. It seems Westone is a good option and either the "3" or the UM3x would fit the bill. I am not a "warm" fan and like a crisp presentation but with deep bass, not overpowering or too round. I don't like the ergonomics of the Triple-fi. And don't really like the initial reviews of the JH5pros. Any advice for Grado, but not hf-2, fans would be great.

Oct 5, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #1,704 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
You seem to be the resident expert on the subject of iems here at Head-fi. I am looking for some definitive advice about moving from Grado RS-2 to an iem. I sold the RS-2s to get the HF-2, big mistake, as I thought the former did everything so well. Now I am looking for a great iem to cover all the bases. It seems Westone is a good option and either the "3" or the UM3x would fit the bill. I am not a "warm" fan and like a crisp presentation but with deep bass, not overpowering or too round. I don't like the ergonomics of the Triple-fi. And don't really like the initial reviews of the JH5pros. Any advice for Grado, but not hf-2, fans would be great.

See my response at http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/w...ml#post6063401

Oct 6, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #1,705 of 1,871
just got my ear impressions done
gotta say, its not the most comfortable experience...
shall send them out tomorrow!! Can't wait til my ES3X arrives!

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #1,706 of 1,871
I just had my ear impressions made also. I would not say it was the best thing I've ever done, but it certainly was not the worst either. No pain or discomfort for me, just patience for 6 minutes with my jaw proped wide open. I hope the molds were not hurting you when you had it done, those should be just about the size you get on the return ES3Xs.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #1,707 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by shredder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just had my ear impressions made also. I would not say it was the best thing I've ever done, but it certainly was not the worst either. No pain or discomfort for me, just patience for 6 minutes with my jaw proped wide open. I hope the molds were not hurting you when you had it done, those should be just about the size you get on the return ES3Xs.

It surely didn't hurt, but was slightly uncomfortable when the silicon expanded my ear canal as it was squeezed into my ears.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #1,708 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pila, i think the jh13 is too expensive..
and seems like its performance doesn't justify the $300 premium over ES3X

from what i've read, the ES3X will suit my taste very well, i like my mids forward :p

but damn, i think i got an ear infection .. can't go do my impression just yet..
frown.gif

If this is true why not consider the Jh 10x3 also which is a direct competitor to the es3x?

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #1,709 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If this is true why not consider the Jh 10x3 also which is a direct competitor to the es3x?

I havent read up on the JH10x3 at all, does it have foward mids too?
From what i've read, i think i will like the very forward presentation of ES3x..

kinda late now since i placed my order on ES3X 2 days ago
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #1,710 of 1,871
hehe yeah es3x is a fine iem I believe the 10x3 may be forward in the mids also but idk I haven't done any research on them since I have the 13's myself. Just waiting on my shadow to come and then my rig will be complete..............for now
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back