Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Jun 15, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #1,186 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once they receive your ear impressions it takes 5-7 working days.

cool! hopefully I'll get them next week then!
Powerhound says they are paying close attention to quality issues. He says the bubbles are not significant but iMO they don't look cool.

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #1,187 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The phenomenon is true, but I'm not sure your conclusion is. The brain can correct for all kinds of audio issues, most common being frequency balance and comb filtering. There have been extensive studies on this (by both audiologists and Rupert Neve), and it has been shown that corrections by the brain cause listener fatigue (ears getting tired) and negative emotional response (ick, I don't like this). So there are tangible benefits to accurate frequency response.

Yeah, you're correct. My comment implied that neutrality is not achievable outside of a comparison to another "less neutral" sound signature. As though there is no objectively neutral reference. I don't think it's as subjective as I'd suggested.

Jun 16, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #1,188 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, you're going to hate me, but you need to have a new set done. They NEED to be open jaw impressions. The canals need to stay set in the most open position (open mouth=open canals) to get the best impression, which leads to the best fit. As soon as you compress the impression material once it does not "spring back" to a fuller form.

Argh I will pass this onto my audiologist.

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #1,189 of 1,871
Hi is here anyone who maked the impression by himself?like Pila said from Ear plug superstore
smily_headphones1.gif
)??????

cause in Slavakia a audio doctoc is impossiblle thing
smily_headphones1.gif
))

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #1,190 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi is here anyone who maked the impression by himself?like Pila said from Ear plug superstore
smily_headphones1.gif
)??????

cause in Slavakia a audio doctoc is impossiblle thing
smily_headphones1.gif
))

Seeing you live in Europe and thinking of possibly sending your ear impressions to the US, I strongly suggest you seriously try to find an audiologist/ hearing professional and explain to them clearly the CORRECT type of impressions needed. Once you get those you have to use some kind of express/ fast shipping method so your impressions reach the Westone lab ideally in less than a week. Doing this will make a re-fit a lot less likely.

Jun 16, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #1,191 of 1,871
Quote:

Seeing you live in Europe and thinking of possibly sending your ear impressions to the US, I strongly suggest you seriously try to find an audiologist/ hearing professional and explain to them clearly the CORRECT type of impressions needed. Once you get those you have to use some kind of express/ fast shipping method so your impressions reach the Westone lab ideally in less than a week. Doing this will make a re-fit a lot less likely.

Aren't the ones from Europe supposed to send the impressions over to the Earplugstore first? I thought they were the ones forwarding it to Westone. If that's the case, i doubt it'll reach Westone in a week. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

How long did it take for you to receive your pair by the way?

Jun 16, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #1,192 of 1,871
It took me 1 month to recieve my pair, but less than a week till they recieved my impressions.

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #1,193 of 1,871
Quote:

Mine goes to Variphone lab no to Westone lab...so from Earplug store i can buy ear impression kit ...i know that the best way is to contact local doctor..but here in Slovakia...NO. So im thinking to make my own impressions?someone try?

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #1,194 of 1,871
Quote:

Mine goes to Variphone lab no to Westone lab...so from Earplug store i can buy ear impression kit ...i know that the best way is to contact local doctor..but here in Slovakia...NO. So im thinking to make my own impressions?someone try?

You can also order it from Earplugstore. Trust me, it's a lot cheaper than Variphone.

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #1,195 of 1,871
Quote:

Check this (long) head-fi thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/h...thread-368009/ It's all about a company called Alien Eears and they send their customers an 'Ear Impression Kit' so they can make their own impressions at home.

Haven't read all 80+ pages but they often mention this kit and how it worked for some and not so much for others.

I find it very surprising you are prepared to spend a lot of money on your ES3X's ( Variphone being more expensive that Westone USA) and yet not get the impressions done by a professional. I'm sure there are more than a handful of competent audiologists in Slovakia.

Anyway, good luck with whatever decision you make.

Jun 16, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #1,196 of 1,871
Quote:

Check this (long) head-fi thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/h...thread-368009/ It's all about a company called Alien Eears and they send their customers an 'Ear Impression Kit' so they can make their own impressions at home.

Haven't read all 80+ pages but they often mention this kit and how it worked for some and not so much for others.

I find it very surprising you are prepared to spend a lot of money on your ES3X's ( Variphone being more expensive that Westone USA) and yet not get the impressions done by a professional. I'm sure there are more than a handful of competent audiologists in Slovakia.

Anyway, good luck with whatever decision you make.

You think it is deferencies between Variphone lab and Westone USA?They are official for Europe...by Westone
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #1,197 of 1,871
Quote:

You think it is deferencies between Variphone lab and Westone USA?They are official for Europe...by Westone
smily_headphones1.gif
)

His concern is not with Variphone Lab, but with you doing your own impressions instead of using an audiologist for the impressions. There must be a doctor who fits people for hearing aids who could do your impressions in Slovakia.

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #1,198 of 1,871
I still haven't got used to (some) people asking questions which you go on and answer for them, even looking for links to give them that extra bit of useful information, and instead of getting at least a simple polite 'Thanks/ Thank you', all you get is simply more questions.

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #1,199 of 1,871
Quote:

I still haven't got used to (some) people asking questions which you go on and answer for them, even looking for links to give them that extra bit of useful information, and instead of getting at least a simple polite 'Thanks/ Thank you', all you get is simply more questions.

this is what are you searching for?
smily_headphones1.gif
) so let your Ego will be satisfied
smily_headphones1.gif
)

thanx you my friend for the info
smily_headphones1.gif
))

I thinking to buy a impression kit and in some city is doctor that will provide the impression but only for 5 euro..hmm...so this is only one in Slovakia that i found
smily_headphones1.gif
)

so i will try...

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #1,200 of 1,871
Quote:

Don't be evil...
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back