Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
May 6, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #811 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use one of these. Still Pelican, but smaller case. Fits great in the side pouch of my backpack.

Pelican™*Products*1010*Micro Case

Thanks. How much it cost?

May 6, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #813 of 1,871
The Variphone version of the ES3X:

es3x.jpg

May 6, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #815 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok slap me but I have looked.

Has anyone compared the UM3X to the ESX3? Differences? great small? I know they use the same drivers but as we know, that doesn't always mean much and I would really like to get a pair of top performing IEM's since I have been happy with what I have used. The cost of the ESX3, while I am sure totally worth it, is a little bit of a deterrent so how do the UM3X stack up?

I hope to try out a UM3X soon, and will let you know what I think. I just can't promise when.

May 6, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #816 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1510 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Variphone version of the ES3X:

Wow! Those look great.

For how much does Variphone offer the ES3X? I can't find anything on their website.

May 6, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #817 of 1,871
Please fill in the contact form on their site, then they will contact you via mail.

They visited me at home to take the ear impressions, that was nice :)

May 6, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #818 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope to try out a UM3X soon, and will let you know what I think. I just can't promise when.

Yes, I guess I just wanted to enjoy the fun now. Great to see good products like this continuing to come out. I wish the recording industry would keep up but too often recordings are so hit or miss.

May 7, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #819 of 1,871
So I picked up my ES3X today. So far I'm enjoying them very much. I haven't noticed any imbalance but I've only had about 30 minutes on them so far, I've been busy. But I do have two problems already... I requested a black cable and got clear. Second, the plug on the right monitor doesn't sit flush with the monitor there is a gap I can fit a business card in. I also seem to have a good seal, I get the bass response of a good seal but they seem less isolating than my W3s were, I sold those so I can't do a side by side.

Oh and my serial is 199 for the sake of keeping track.

May 7, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #821 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by xandman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
novalidtitle...
isolation is less than W3?
i compared to my W3...and the isolation is better with the ES3X...
can i know which tip on the W3 that u r comparing to?

I used the medium complys on my W3s when I had them.

May 7, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #823 of 1,871
Quote:

i used the same thing... =)
and still ES3X's seal and isolation is better than W3...
maybe i m not wearing the W3 correctly... hmmmm...

I just did a little more testing, it seems my right monitor isn't sealing fully. Bummer.
frown.gif

If I play sound through my computer speakers and put the monitors on I can hear the sound pretty clearly but with EVER so slight pressure on the right one and the isolation goes WAY up.

May 7, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #825 of 1,871
Quote:

ouch...
a refit perhaps?
maybe since i had mine with "long sound tube"...thats helps with isolation i think...

Yeah I just shot my audioligist an email. Seems like a refit is in order. Oh and when I put pressure on the left monitor nothing changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back