Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Feb 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #181 of 1,871
Pete7, havent you seen that older ppl have larger ears? seriously.

Feb 27, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #182 of 1,871
That's something I can honestly say I've never noticed. It was my audiologist who told me that maintaining a constant weight would help extend the life of a custom-fit IEM- seriously.

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #184 of 1,871
i know, you also right.

but my problem is that i am 16.5 YO and thin. soon i will go to the army, i dont think that i will get any taller but i do think that i will add some kilos, so i am realy afraid buying a new pair of customs....

i don't know what to do :'(

i realy want those ES3X/UE-10!!!!

what should i do? [at the moment i have AKG K702 without proper amplification =\ ] i want the portability of iems, and i dont want to spend my money now over universal so i wont have the money later for custom.

how dramaticly the change can be if i will add about 5cm and 7 kilos in the next 5 years?
i will guess that there wont be a change in my weight for about 2 years /1.5 year.

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #185 of 1,871
You're 16 and into classical music??! Brilliant!! You must be one of the very few, if not the only teenager on Head-fi who appreciates this kind of music.

Now, if you're going to the army, chances are you WILL put on weight, not necessarily fat but muscle weight, or both. But, even if you didn't go to the army there's a fairly good chance you won't be so thin in the future - happened to me (I'm 45), and many others I've seen in my age group - by 25 my body mass had changed. I'm not fat at all, but certainly not as thin as I was as at 16.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know, you also right.

but my problem is that i am 16.5 YO and thin. soon i will go to the army, i dont think that i will get any taller but i do think that i will add some kilos, so i am realy afraid buying a new pair of customs....

i don't know what to do :'(

i realy want those ES3X/UE-10!!!!

what should i do? [at the moment i have AKG K702 without proper amplification =\ ] i want the portability of iems, and i dont want to spend my money now over universal so i wont have the money later for custom.

how dramaticly the change can be if i will add about 5cm and 7 kilos in the next 5 years?
i will guess that there wont be a change in my weight for about 2 years /1.5 year.

Feb 28, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #186 of 1,871
thanks for this great answer! this is imposible not to appreciate clasical music, just the music at its best. who can't love it? it was composed by the most brilliant ppl in all times! [bach,mozart,beethoven,bartok,prokofiev,rachmaninov ,chopin and many others - just an amazing music - i have about 200gb of it on my computer!]

Feb 28, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #187 of 1,871
Hello all, wow this thread has grown a lot in the past week. Impressions between custom iems is hard simply because not many ppl (except larry i guess, lol) do have more then one, especially not the costly ones like acs t1 + ue10. There are no universal versions of these phones so choosing between them will always be difficult especially since you cannot return the one you already have and you cannot sell it either.
Its a pity westones european dealer is so non-responsive
I know what i will buy if I go custom iem though.
Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #188 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello all, wow this thread has grown a lot in the past week. Impressions between custom iems is hard simply because not many ppl (except larry i guess, lol) do have more then one, especially not the costly ones like acs t1 + ue10. There are no universal versions of these phones so choosing between them will always be difficult especially since you cannot return the one you already have and you cannot sell it either.
Greetings, Anouk,

than, which iems will you buy?

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #189 of 1,871
You are only 16, clearing throat sounds, uuumm, 16 and a 1/2. When I was that age I weighed 95 lbs. 2 years later I weighed 150 lbs. My entire body changed and so will yours and your ears will too so I do not think you should get customs. If I were you, I would wait a while and I do not think you should be getting customs if you plan on going to the army anyway because a lot could happen to them there. Have you checked out the top tier universal IEM's such as the Westone 3 or IE8? I have the IE8's and I love them. I payed $223 for them (they are $449 retail) from Ncixus.com. The IE8's are top tier and won't put that much of a dent into your wallet while you're saving up for customs down the road.

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #190 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Greetings, Anouk,

Digihead used to be the resident Custom IEM guru. I remember him owning the UE-10, the UE-11, the ES2, and I know he just got a pair of the ES3x a few days ago.
Check out his posts in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/u...e-es3x-411585/

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #191 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are only 16, clearing throat sounds, uuumm, 16 and a 1/2. When I was that age I weighed 95 lbs. 2 years later I weighed 150 lbs. My entire body changed and so will yours and your ears will too so I do not think you should get customs. If I were you, I would wait a while and I do not think you should be getting customs if you plan on going to the army anyway because a lot could happen to them there. Have you checked out the top tier universal IEM's such as the Westone 3 or IE8? I have the IE8's and I love them. I payed $223 for them (they are $449 retail) from Ncixus.com. The IE8's are top tier and won't put that much of a dent into your wallet while you're saving up for customs down the road.

1st- of all, thank you for the reply.

2nd- i must go to army cause i live in israel. but not a place where i will have to kill/shoot.

3rd- i dont think i will grow much, cause at the last four monthes i didnt grow at all =\...if i will grow i will be happy and i won't realy care from my problems with my iems. [maybe i dont grow beacuse i dont eat/sleep enough]

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #192 of 1,871
This may have been asked/answered before, but can Westone do the cool brushed metal faceplate that UE does? I created a design that incorporates that (see thumbnail), and I was going to go with UE11s to replace my dear departed UE10s. Having read Larry's impressions, though, I think the ES3x may be more to my liking...

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #193 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This may have been asked/answered before, but can Westone do the cool brushed metal faceplate that UE does? I created a design that incorporates that (see thumbnail), and I was going to go with UE11s to replace my dear departed UE10s. Having read Larry's impressions, though, I think the ES3x may be more to my liking...

very nice design there Bill. You should email them about it. I know you can at least use whatever design and picture you want, not too sure about metals though.

Feb 28, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #194 of 1,871
Thanks Eric, I kinda like it as well
regular_smile .gif

I actually had a driver go out on my W3s, so when I call them on Monday to get an RMA, I'll ask about the brushed finish. Just wondering if anyone here had inquired before.

hmmm... ES3X + your Pico = Nirvana, I hope (not the band...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back