Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Apr 29, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #691 of 1,871
I have a black and a clear cable, and I prefer the clear for comfort by far. I don't care about the white plug because it is otherwise just so comfortable and I love the feel.

Apr 29, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #692 of 1,871
Let me add a plug for my audiologist too for anyone in the Chicago area. Dr. Karen Glay at Suburban Hearing Services in Barrington. hearing aids Barrington, Illinois... | Suburban Hearing Services

My friend and I booked back-to-back appointments at the end of the day, and we ended up sitting around and talking headphones for about a half hour. She is definitely well qualified, and has a good relationship with Westone

Apr 29, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #693 of 1,871
Oh, that reminds me - my audiologist called me today. My friend ordered Neon Green, and I guess Westone called her and said they had a new color - Emerald Green - and to see if he was interested. From what I understand it's still translucent but a bit darker.

Apr 30, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #694 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by stolix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, that reminds me - my audiologist called me today. My friend ordered Neon Green, and I guess Westone called her and said they had a new color - Emerald Green - and to see if he was interested. From what I understand it's still translucent but a bit darker.

Look at the photos of my ES3X earlier in the thread. I believe those are one of the early samples of emerald green, and they look like a sour apple Jolly Rancher candy. I love it.

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #695 of 1,871
Hi, HPA, new here and interested to get the es3x. I read somewhere (I think it is on this thread) that you prefer Optical Line out ---> iBasso D10 ----> es3x rather than iMod ---> Vcaps ---> Amp ---> es3x.

Can I confirm it again? And may I kindly request the improvements/differences in sound of the D10 rig as compared to the iMod rig? Because I thinking of getting either rig.

Thanks alot
regular_smile .gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #696 of 1,871
Just wanted to add my photo to the Westone ES3X Thread...

Received these great IEMs the other day. The entire ordering process was flawless. My molds / impressions were done by Beth Orliss (Hearing Dynamics / New Jersey), and order processing by Westone's Kyle Harris.

From start to finish, both Beth and Kyle were a pleasure to work with, providing the most professional service and wonderful communication.

In my brief listening sessions with the ES3X, they both fit and perform perfectly...thus I am extremely pleased in every aspect. Isolation is great.

Over the next few weeks I will have the opportunity to evalulate them more thoroughly, especially against my beloved Livewires. Initially though, I am extremely impressed with the ES3X.

A special thanks to HeadphoneAddict for taking the time to answer some of my questions pertaining to his impressions

Here is the pic:

WEStes.jpg

Apr 30, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #697 of 1,871
do westone still have all the probelms or they fixed everything?

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #698 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanted to add my photo to the Westone ES3X Thread...

Received these great IEMs the other day. The entire ordering process was flawless. My molds / impressions were done by Beth Orliss (Hearing Dynamics / New Jersey), and order processing by Westone's Kyle Harris.

From start to finish, both Beth and Kyle were a pleasure to work with, providing the most professional service and wonderful communication.

In my brief listening sessions with the ES3X, they both fit and perform perfectly...thus I am extremely pleased in every aspect. Isolation is great.

Over the next few weeks I will have the opportunity to evalulate them more thoroughly, especially against my beloved Livewires. Initially though, I am extremely impressed with the ES3X.

A special thanks to HeadphoneAddict for taking the time to answer some of my questions pertaining to his impressions

Here is the pic:

WEStes.jpg

Beautiful! Congratulations! How do you like the color? Did they turn out the way you hoped? Looks like the same color I have and I really like mine.

I do want to add, it is really amazing what Westone can do in terms of getting the right fit right off the bat. Even vs. an Ultimate Ears they have a truly exemplary track record on getting a great fit and the fit is crucial in getting great sound from a custom IEM.

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #699 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, congratulations! Mine are the same colour.

I absolutely agree that Westone's CS is second to none!

Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful! Congratulations! How do you like the color? Did they turn out the way you hoped? Looks like the same color I have and I really like mine.

I do want to add, it is really amazing what Westone can do in terms of getting the right fit right off the bat. Even vs. an Ultimate Ears they have a truly exemplary track record on getting a great fit and the fit is crucial in getting great sound from a custom IEM.

digihead, didn't know you'd also gone for Candy Blue - looks like 3 of us (that I know of) in this forum have chosen the same colour.

Mine should be arriving at Westone for the second time as I type with a fresh set of new ear impressions, and I've a strong feeling I'll finally be able to fully enjoy my customs within a week or so - Been without nice sounding IEM's for nearly 3 months now!

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #700 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, congratulations! Mine are the same colour.

I absolutely agree that Westone's CS is second to none!

digihead, didn't know you'd also gone for Candy Blue - looks like 3 of us (that I know of) in this forum have chosen the same colour.

Mine should be arriving at Westone for the second time as I type with a fresh set of new ear impressions, and I've a strong feeling I'll finally be able to fully enjoy my customs within a week or so - Been without nice sounding IEM's for nearly 3 months now!

I told them I wanted a dark translucent blue as I thought the candy blue was lighter. Who knows...I could be wrong. Love the color whatever it is called.

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #701 of 1,871
what about their problems with the ES3X [imbalance and etc'...], did they fix it all?

should i order one now?

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #703 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sound like the UE-10/T1 are just for me
biggrin.gif

10 days ago you wrote the above post - changed your mind now?

Quote:

what about their problems with the ES3X [imbalance and etc'...], did they fix it all?

should i order one now?

In my particular case the channel imbalance issue was completely rectified when I sent my set back the first time round; and the residue (cosmetic aspect) found on the right earpiece was completely gone.

The fit issue could not be sorted out completely because my first ear impressions took over 3 weeks to reach the lab from the day they were made - that is too long, apparently, as the material used in mine (light blue colour), unlike other materials (pink looking), causes them to lose original shape more quickly and that's why I had to send a new set.

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #704 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
10 days ago you wrote the above post - changed your mind now?

In my particular case the channel imbalance issue was completely rectified when I sent my set back the first time round; and the residue (cosmetic aspect) found on the right earpiece was completely gone.

The fit issue could not be sorted out completely because my first ear impressions took over 3 weeks to reach the lab from the day they were made - that is too long, apparently, as the material used in mine (light blue colour), unlike other materials (pink looking), causes them to lose original shape more quickly and that's why I had to send a new set.

than you very much for the answer.

I still dont know what i will buy, i change my mind all the time... having no idea what to buy. on one hand i am afraid i will have too strerile sound from the ue-10 when on the other hand i am afraid i won't like the "colouration" on the ES3X [ i know its not a real colouration, but still]. i just have no idea...

UE-10 or ES3X ???? :S

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #705 of 1,871
Quote:

than you very much for the answer.

I still dont know what i will buy, i change my mind all the time... having no idea what to buy. on one hand i am afraid i will have too strerile sound from the ue-10 when on the other hand i am afraid i won't like the "colouration" on the ES3X [ i know its not a real colouration, but still]. i just have no idea...

UE-10 or ES3X ???? :S

Pila405, I'll say this, having had the ES3X now for several weeks (delivery in March) and listening nearly 100% with them, going back to "anything" else caused me considerable agony. My expectations on and standards of headphone/IEM SQ have been completely reset. Maybe re-calibrated is a better term.

Listening to any of my collection of headphones and IEMs (very limited) only emphasizes or highlights--in some cases--massive frequency variations. I think it was DigiHead that recommended acclimating to the sound of the ES3X before making any meaningful or discriminating evaluations. In my case, acclimation was almost immediate, probably because of the similarities with the balance that my "bigger rig" (see my profile) provides. I've described these similarities in previous posts.

BTW, I think it is erroneous to conclude that the ES3X is "colored" vs the UE-10. I think that has been well deliberated here and elsewhere, and pretty much debunked.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back