Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Dec 24, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #1,847 of 1,871

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine look like that and they fit me fine (bump and all, which might be why I get such a good seal and isolation). It almost looks like I could wear yours in my ears.

The isolation is great, just that the right monitor is slightly uncomfortable, and i can feel the bump if i open my jaw touch the monitor. I'm very tempted to take an exacto knife and just carefully cut off a small piece of the bulge... but i don't know if that would void the warranty ...

refit just seems like a lot of trouble, new impressions, send to westone, and the long wait...
i wonder if powderhound has any suggestions?

guaranty can possibly be avoided! using knive can iritate more your ear canal ...  Ur best bet is to first give a call to Rachelle to Westone Lab (800) 525-5071

good luck!

Dec 24, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #1,848 of 1,871

Quote:
Doug at Westone told me no burn-in needed. I haven't noticed any.

Hy Larry!  Did you talk about Dale Douglass( #329) or Doug Leavy? am afraid am a bit confuse!!! sorry!   
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 28, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #1,849 of 1,871

Quote:
Hy Larry!  Did you talk about Dale Douglass( #329) or Doug Leavy? am afraid am a bit confuse!!! sorry!   
confused_face(1).gif

Doug Leavy, although he's been promoted and Rachelle is the one to contact now.

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #1,850 of 1,871

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you know for a fact the problem does not come directly from you (e.g. ear-wax build up, etc), then I strongly suggest you get a refund at this stage.

is a total refund possible?

in any case that doesnt solve my problem, I need a good and comfortable customs and I know westone can definitely provide that. I would still prefer to solve it by getting it properly repaired.

I think you have a 90 days period for a refund!
good luck!

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #1,851 of 1,871

Quote:
Has anyone gotten a pair of ES3X in Vancouver, Canada?
I'm considering a pair but have no idea where to get them. I can order/get ear impression from any of the dispensers listed on the Westone website?

Am from QC, and i will order mine very soon. I will order directly from Westone. why are you not also make your order directly from them??

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #1,853 of 1,871

Quote:
Westooooone, when are you going to release a ES10 to the power of 2 or something? I'm just waiting desperately for something new from Westone >.>"

:)))))))   Begins with digesting your brand new ES3x!!!!!

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #1,854 of 1,871

Quote:
My ES3X's seal only stays put if I look straight ahead. If I look up, left or right the seal is broken. Does everyones seal stay put when they move around?

I too called Kyle (usually I deal with Dale, however both were perfect with CS), and he mentioned that the seal shouldn't break since my audiologist took the impressions beyond the 2nd bend with an open mouth.

I have an appt with my audiologist today so guess I'll be sending mine back too =(

Felix, I may be going with the Ice Blue too!

I'll go with ice or candy blue for the Left side, and.neon green for the right side. =>  T-Virus + T- Antivirus + With custom logo of the Umbrella Corp. on the faceplate)

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #1,855 of 1,871

Quote:
FABULOUS, colour is now ice blue with a clear faceplate. Fit is the same, but the monitor fits more flush now. I just wished the clear was more glossy, but no big deal on that. Fantastic build, everything's up to Westone quality. They were even kind enough to send me a extra cable =)

Have you send them with the cable attached with?

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #1,856 of 1,871
Dec 29, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #1,857 of 1,871

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdr. Seraphim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have to say this sounds strange and there's definitely something odd going on. For your sake, it sounds like you might only be satisfied with a refund at this point. To bad too, since the ES3X really are reference level IEMs!

yup, this will be the last time. I asked for a remake for the right side.I believe no tweaks can make them sound better since they failed the past 4 times.

I will be really grateful if the re-made side sounds as good as when I first had it, if it doesn't I am hoping Westone do a full refund for me.

its really a pity, such wonderful customs they once were....sigh...

I wish you a good lock for this, last f....time!   :wink:))

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #1,858 of 1,871

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Felix - is the iceblue essentially translucent light blue? Any shots of the smoke? What cable did you get?

Here's a pic of mine.
dsc2158.jpg

They are actually not that transparent, it's just the lighting when i took the picture, but you get the general idea.

Wow, what a photographer!  Nice pict here!  Liked, look like your wearing earing aid! Ouch!!!

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #1,859 of 1,871

Quote:
So smoke isn't transparent? - what cable color is that?

I was planning on getting the clear cord - but heard that the Westone clear cable would actually discolor?

Be aware, that clear cable can turn green with time. Preferably  get  green ES3x then!  :wink:)

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #1,860 of 1,871

Quote:
I got my ES3X this afternoon! All I can say is WOW! Wide soundstage, really well balanced, and the detail is just amazing. I can't find anything I don't like.

I'm auditioning it with my iPhone playing Dream Theater's Images and Words. Portnoy's drumming never been so energetic, vocals are super clear, and bass and guitar are very well balanced.

I also tried a bit with my PA2v2 Clip+ combo but the PA2v2 gain is still too much (I use it to drive G1A when I'm mobile), need to adjust a bit so it doesn't hiss.

Wow, what an nice piece of choice here! I love it! a popular color indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back