Westone 4 or JH 5pro ?
Mar 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RBYRER

100+ Head-Fier
I want to replace my MTPC"s with either the new Westone 4s for go the custom route with the JH 5pros . I listen to mainly rock of all sorts and some vocals . I really like my monsters but I can't keep a good seal , I get a good seal but they always seem to work themselves loose , it really irrates me . I've tried just about all the tips and the only ones that do it for me are the supertips and those are the ones that I have this problem with . I am also thinking about maybe getting the JH 10 times 3 or the JH13 or even the 16s instead  if they are really worth the money . I want something that will make me happy for a long time . NO more uprades for a long time . I really could use some suggestions from people here on HeadFi that either own or have heard thease phones . Thanks

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #3 of 6
Haven't heard W4 but I would take it over JH5 which I currently own.  I'd be pretty confident it has better sound based on what I have read.  I find the JH5 and W3 about equal.

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Haven't heard W4 but I would take it over JH5 which I currently own.  I'd be pretty confident it has better sound based on what I have read.  I find the JH5 and W3 about equal.

I don't think you're going to get a better answer than this (with the W4 being such a new 'phone), even though the answer is quite neutra as to which one you sould choose.

On the non-sound related front, a custom fit would have the most appeal if you do NOT want to upgrade. It would be hard to find someone who dosn't think the 16's beat the W4's. I think if you really are serous about the no-upgrade comment, then you should go custom. As to which one of Jerry's fine monitors you should buy there are alot of threads that will push you in the right direction.

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 6
I was in the same boat as you a month ago. In the end I decided to go with a pair of customs cause I knew that sooner or later I'd go down that route. Heard good things about JH5 Pro's 
jecklinsmile.gif

Mar 16, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 6
For the price you can't go wrong with JH5 but keep in mind it is forward, aggressive, a bit raw sounding with a smallish soundstage but all frequencies are well-represented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back