Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Sep 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #3,286 of 5,568
Quote:
The word "require" is probably the last word you want to use.

True. As an upgrade from unamped cheaper iem's the unamped W4 will perform great. You could always save up to an amp later if you feel like going further.

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #3,287 of 5,568
God I'm sick of these... this is the 2nd time this **** happened to me this ear.. guys i guess u ppl knw that i had a issue with my right driver unit 3-4 months back? and i gt a new pair frm westone.. but i had to pay 250$ and get it.. they worked okay.. but since then i had this issue again here and their but i didn't care... yesterday i tried the ISO-mod on my IE80's.. after listening to it for a while i cant stand but i can feel that the details in my w4's and very much panned toward the left driver unit... but slightly.. specially vocals and bass.      can any one who own the both or a person who had this kinda experience : will be able to help me/??  r8 nw I'm trying to admit that this is a isolation issue.. but i tried 3 sizes of shure olive and yellow shure tips + sm silicon tips. still i find left has pretty much power than the ri8..

or is it just different presentations of iem's...??? 

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #3,288 of 5,568
Quote:
God I'm sick of these... this is the 2nd time this **** happened to me this ear.. guys i guess u ppl knw that i had a issue with my right driver unit 3-4 months back? and i gt a new pair frm westone.. but i had to pay 250$ and get it.. they worked okay.. but since then i had this issue again here and their but i didn't care... yesterday i tried the ISO-mod on my IE80's.. after listening to it for a while i cant stand but i can feel that the details in my w4's and very much panned toward the left driver unit... but slightly.. specially vocals and bass.      can any one who own the both or a person who had this kinda experience : will be able to help me/??  r8 nw I'm trying to admit that this is a isolation issue.. but i tried 3 sizes of shure olive and yellow shure tips + sm silicon tips. still i find left has pretty much power than the ri8..

or is it just different presentations of iem's...??? 

It's probably the fit, I had the sound pan to the left before, until I spaced the tips so that the right tips is further away from the base than the left. Despite the W4Rs boasting its +/-1db driver match, its most likely not a driver imbalance issue. Some people have differently shaped canals on either ear, the W4s have a pretty shallow fit, which can lead to these issues.

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #3,289 of 5,568
Quote:
It's probably the fit, I had the sound pan to the left before, until I spaced the tips so that the right tips is further away from the base than the left. Despite the W4Rs boasting its +/-1db driver match, its most likely not a driver imbalance issue. Some people have differently shaped canals on either ear, the W4s have a pretty shallow fit, which can lead to these issues.

im having the 4s nt the 4R.. but how cum the ie80 had a good fit.. :'(   guys do u knw a place where i can re-shell my w4s for a reasonable price!

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #3,291 of 5,568
Sep 29, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #3,296 of 5,568
Quote:
What will be the best price for Westone 4R?

I belive 20-25%(depending of the current cupon code, just google it) off the retail price (499$), over at earphonesoulutions.com is as good as it gets. Then you got the extended 2 years warranty as well if you decide to register at westone.

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #3,298 of 5,568
I am about to pick up a pair of w4 for $250.00 (not the 4r) at a local shop on sale (new) With tax itll be 275.

Is there something i should know? Is there a price drop coming due to the 4r being out or is this as insane of a deal as i think it is?

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #3,299 of 5,568
Quote:
I am about to pick up a pair of w4 for $250.00 (not the 4r) at a local shop on sale (new) With tax itll be 275.
Is there something i should know? Is there a price drop coming due to the 4r being out or is this as insane of a deal as i think it is?

Most W4's I've seen are around $450, so yes, I'd say that's a pretty insane deal. Congrats! 

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #3,300 of 5,568
Nope The 275 total (if all good) is a fantastic Price, and you could easily re-sell em if you don't like. Very Very nice phone have fun. I would not buy the 4R as comments on comfort are enough for me.. Westones are extremely comfortable in general, and The RC is a great idea but not good at execution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back