Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Apr 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #2,806 of 5,568
Hmmmm. Maybe I'll get them anyway. Amazon has a great return policy. If a problem doesn't rear it's ugly head in a month chances are they're ok.

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #2,807 of 5,568
Hmmmm. Maybe I'll get them anyway. Amazon has a great return policy. If a problem doesn't rear it's ugly head in a month chances are they're ok.

Careful, resellers are not Amazon, they have their own refund policies. I bought my UM3X through Amazon sold by Amazing Deals Online and they ignored my repeated requests for refund due to their policy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #2,808 of 5,568
Agreed! Different return policy for sellers than Amazon. But if it is "fulfilled by Amazon", then the seller follows Amazon's return policy; in that case, it ships from amazon and amazon is the middle man, a middle man who handles returns.

Quote:
Careful, resellers are not Amazon, they have their own refund policies. I bought my UM3X through Amazon sold by Amazing Deals Online and they ignored my repeated requests for refund due to their policy.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #2,809 of 5,568

Quote:
Agreed! Different return policy for sellers than Amazon. But if it is "fulfilled by Amazon", then the seller follows Amazon's return policy; in that case, it ships from amazon and amazon is the middle man, a middle man who handles returns.

That's how I bought my um2, but the 4 are sold from the reseller.

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #2,810 of 5,568

Quote:
I bet they do. Its some garbage Westone plays to keep a mark up on their products. They make their stuff available widely and then act like you did something wrong because you didn't buy it from one or two blessed vendors. If it only authorized vendors who got their hands on Westone, Westone would produce 20% of what they currently do. Lots of vendors sell them and Westone is perfectly happy selling them to those vendors, even if they aren't authorized.

Yeah, and man never landed on the moon, the mafia killed JFK, and the world is really controlled by the giant green lizards ... or maybe they're all just wild conspiracy theories?

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #2,812 of 5,568
Well I bought them. We'll see how much better/different they are than my current UM2 RC. I'll report back(in a week).

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #2,814 of 5,568
hi, I just got my W4. I'm going to buy some Comply foam tips but I have a litte confusing here, what the different between T, Ts, Tx, P? (for the sound quality)
Thanks

The biggest difference between the T, Ts, and P are the fit...which is very important for quality because you need to get a proper seal.

P is long (many people can't take this one), Ts is big and round (large canals), T is the standard comply tip. Pick whichever gives you the best seal. Beyond that, Tx just adds some mesh to try and keep out wax which doesn't work and may distort SQ.

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #2,815 of 5,568
I use the large stock comply tip of the w4 but after 30-45 mins earwax starts to build and i can feel the seal loosening a bit..  i always need to be in an air conditioned area so that I'll always have a perfect seal
redface.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #2,817 of 5,568
Hey guys .... does any one of u guys heard the akg k3003??? hows it compaired to w4s?  

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #2,820 of 5,568

Quote:
k3003 is just smoother and a little bit more detailed on the highs as far as i remember

and the price isn't really worth it

Quote:
Joohunta  /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tried both (i have the 4Rs) honestly for about double the price, soundwise i don't think the k3003s r very worth it. might as well buy customs :D

good lord i need some more people who can compair these two....   Thank u soullinker20 & Joohunta  ... you guys save my wallet today...! 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back