Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Nov 26, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #2,330 of 5,568
I hazard to guess that if the others offered both fixed and removable cables they would also charge for them. There are 4 connectors involved and extra work, so I'm not surprised they charge more. As for if it is worth it that's a personal judgment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #2,331 of 5,568
I'm guessing they had w4 is stock in their warehouse... I wonder if they'll ship the w4r directly from westone... meh, I should prob just send their cs an e-mail if I don't hear anything by Monday

edit: I went digging through my drawer and I still have a few olives. So is the Westone stem the same diameter as Shure?

Quote:

FWIW, I ordered a Westone 4 + Shure Olive tips yesterday and they already shipped (well I got a USPS tracking link).

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #2,332 of 5,568

I think officially they are. Earphonesolutions recommends using shure tips, etc. That being said, I had a very hard time fitting my Shure olives on the W2/W4 stocks. I personally wonder if the stock isn't just a smidgeon thicker than the Shure stock. I tried the freezer trick last time and eventually had to cut them off.

Quote:
I'm guessing they had w4 is stock in their warehouse... I wonder if they'll ship the w4r directly from westone... meh, I should prob just send their cs an e-mail if I don't hear anything by Monday

edit: I went digging through my drawer and I still have a few olives. So is the Westone stem the same diameter as Shure?

Nov 27, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #2,336 of 5,568
I don't use the Shure Olives on my Westone 4's and UM3X's anymore because it freaks me out how difficult they are to remove.

With the 4's, I have started using the Comply Ts-100 spherical tips.  I feel like it brings out a bit more bass, and my only gripe with the 4's is that they are a tad bass-lite for my particular listening preferences.  And they give me a great seal.  Has anyone else tried these spherical Comply tips? 

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #2,337 of 5,568

Quote:
The left driver on my beloved W4's went kaput today after just 8 months of mostly weekend use. Hopefully Westone warranty will take care of it.

I had this happen to me with my right side a month back. Some of the drivers went out for no reason. Just call them up, fill out the RMA info email you, mail your broken W4 in, and in 1.5 weeks, you'll have your brand new replacement pair.

GREAT service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back