Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Nov 12, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #2,311 of 5,568

Quote:
I live in Toronto, Canada where they are soft on crimes, the government likes to coddle the criminals here and this is what the misguided left leaning types call progress. Incidentally, my martial art teacher was charged with assault after breaking the arm of a home invader in his own home. Sorry for getting off topic, I'm not scare but raging mad still, but more so at the complacent attitudes towards criminals that Canadian government are known all over the world for. 

Thankfully the Conservative government is fixing that now that they finally have a majority government.
biggrin.gif

Back on topic....I love my Westone 4s so much that I was able to sell off my SE535s. I rarely travel for work and can only justify owning 1 top flight IEM and the Westone 4s are them.

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #2,312 of 5,568

Quote:
A pair of olives killed my westone 2's fwiw.  Luckily westone and iheadphones took care of the situation and gave me a new pair under warranty :)

I realize this discussion is by now a month old, but I figured I would still contribute my experience with Olives. I too decided to try Olives with my Westone 2s because several members seemed to very happy with the tip's SQ. I managed to get the tips on after a bit of a struggle, but when I tried to remove them they were completely stuck. I put them in the freezer for a couple minutes, and although the tips were still very difficult to remove, I finally got them off. Upon inspection of the right nozzle, though, I noticed what appeared to be a hairline crack running vertically down about half the nozzle. It almost looks like a scratch in the finish, as if there was some kind of particle in the tip that scratched the plastic. Either way, I haven't noticed any issues with the integrity or changes in sound quality of my 2s, so I've never bothered to ask for a replacement pair. Perhaps my nozzles are slightly wider, or my tips were slightly tighter, than normal; I'm not sure. Needless to say, though, I've been scared away from Olives, and I am quite happy using the Westone gray silicone tips and my tri-flange-modded-to-bi-flange tips.

Nov 24, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #2,313 of 5,568

FWIW, earphonesolutions are having a 25% pre/post black friday sale and the W4R are going for just USD$375 and the W4 going for USD$337.

Those who have been itching for an audition of these owe it to yourselves to check it out, just use the code: black.

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #2,314 of 5,568
Hello, guys, I am new here and thanks to all you said I decided to go ahead and give it a try to the W4 R.

I can't wait to get and keep you posted on my impressions. I hope I'll enjoy them, I'm coming from the shure 215, the B&W C5 and P5, and the beats Pro.

Enjoy them all but I want a more neutral and realistic sound. I play drums and I would like the IEM to reproduce as realistic and precise as possible the drums sounds.

Nov 24, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #2,315 of 5,568
You will not be disappointed! They are amazing for drums. They best thing about them is that they can bring bass to the table when needed. It really puts it out when the music calls for it, but can stay tame when the songs don't need all the power from the dual low drivers.

Quote:
Hello, guys, I am new here and thanks to all you said I decided to go ahead and give it a try to the W4 R.
I can't wait to get and keep you posted on my impressions. I hope I'll enjoy them, I'm coming from the shure 215, the B&W C5 and P5, and the beats Pro.
Enjoy them all but I want a more neutral and realistic sound. I play drums and I would like the IEM to reproduce as realistic and precise as possible the drums sounds.

Nov 24, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #2,316 of 5,568
Great! I am really looking forward to trying them on my Roland drums! Can't wait. I'll post my impressions ASAP. I have been hesitating for a week between the SE535 and the W4. But I guess the reviews saying that the W4s are very neutral and have a great clarity made me go for it. Wish they made them in CLEAR instead of black.... But they still look sick.

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #2,320 of 5,568

Quote:

FWIW, earphonesolutions are having a 25% pre/post black friday sale and the W4R are going for just USD$375 and the W4 going for USD$337.

Those who have been itching for an audition of these owe it to yourselves to check it out, just use the code: black.

Do you think there is a chance anyone will drop below this price? I'm debating my purchase. I have until 11/30 to decide when the "black" coupon expires. 

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #2,321 of 5,568

Quote:
Do you think there is a chance anyone will drop below this price? I'm debating my purchase. I have until 11/30 to decide when the "black" coupon expires. 

I think the price listed on earphonesolutions with the "black" discount applied is the lowest ever from an authorized Westone dealer so if you're thinking about getting it first hand from another authorized dealer, chances are pretty slim. 

I for one make it a point never to buy IEMs 2nd hand so unless you are willing to get used W4s, these are your best bet for brand new W4s with warranty, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back