Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Oct 17, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #2,283 of 5,568
They do change the sound, at least from the stock tips included in the package. When I first got them I A/B'd the stock tips with the Olives and there was a noticeable difference. I can't remember what sound qualities were different but I believe the Olives opened the soundstage up a bit more and I definitely preferred the Olives to the stock tips for sound quality and comfort.

Nov 1, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #2,287 of 5,568
Sold them, but I'll probably pick up a new pair soon enough.  Had great sound with the double flange's from earsonics but they're just terrible for the gym, sweat and all.  Maybe I'll try olives this time.

Nov 3, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #2,290 of 5,568
Quote:
Sold them, but I'll probably pick up a new pair soon enough.  Had great sound with the double flange's from earsonics but they're just terrible for the gym, sweat and all.  Maybe I'll try olives this time.

I wouldn't recommend olives for the gym unless you want to constantly replace them. I used to use olives for the gym but in the end they failed on me. Sweat gets absorbed into the foam and degrades it pretty fast so it doesn't inflate as in the ear over time killing the seal. I gave up on IEMs for working out because they always fall out of my ear so I work out now with a Clip+ and a PortaPro.

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #2,291 of 5,568
Anyone who have compared the UM Mage to the W4s? Which sounded better in terms of pure sound quality aside from isolation? I'm about to order the W4 a week from now and suddenly the UM Mage pops in my head as the bang for the buck quad custom..

Nov 6, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #2,292 of 5,568
I don't know about the mage, but someone compared it with the 1964 quads, which is something I almost picked up but opted for the w4 due to my age. The comparison of the two didn't come out for quite some time after I picked up my w4's though. I think the quads beat out the w4s marginally.

Quote:
Anyone who have compared the UM Mage to the W4s? Which sounded better in terms of pure sound quality aside from isolation? I'm about to order the W4 a week from now and suddenly the UM Mage pops in my head as the bang for the buck quad custom..

Nov 6, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #2,293 of 5,568
Anyone else gearing up for the ZOv2 for their W4? I'm listening to mine now without the ZO and it's great.

I can't wait to hear how bold this device will make these IEMs
smile.gif

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #2,294 of 5,568
I'm supposed to get a ZOv2 Monday...but they decided to ship it to my house instead of my college address. Fail. I will hopefully get it by the weekend and will let you know how the pair sounds.

Quote:
Anyone else gearing up for the ZOv2 for their W4? I'm listening to mine now without the ZO and it's great.

I can't wait to hear how bold this device will make these IEMs
smile.gif

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #2,295 of 5,568
Well, I'll be listening to the combo tomorrow, but thanks 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back