Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Jun 3, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #2,221 of 2,524
What bothers me the most about this, is it's basis in bad-faith marketing. We've recently seen the major manufacturer's releasing unreliable information about coming products that is based soley on their desire to "freeze" potential owners purchases.
Give me a couple months notice and i appreciate the head's up, but string me along on a wish and a prayer and I see you for the lying corporate person that you are...

Westone - BRANDED

Jun 3, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #2,222 of 2,524
Ah, such a long wait... will love to see more update, and maybe some prototype pictures, please?
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #2,223 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, such a long wait... will love to see more update, and maybe some prototype pictures, please?
biggrin.gif

The design has not changed on the outside. All the issues were with the internal fitting of the drivers and the casing, so no change to the images already posted. Yes it has been far to long.

Jun 3, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #2,224 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The design has not changed on the outside. All the issues were with the internal fitting of the drivers and the casing, so no change to the images already posted. Yes it has been far to long.

Thank you for not releasing a heaping pile of dung and ensuring that when they are released, they will be up to your high standards of quality.

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #2,225 of 2,524
Is there an official release date now ??

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #2,226 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there an official release date now ??

No official release date so far. Afaik that is.
Late 2008, at the earliest, have been mentioned though...

Jun 10, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #2,227 of 2,524
Well, I have a few thoughts on things as they now stand. On the one hand, it's amusing to me that some people would outlaw complaining about anything that doesn't fall under the categories of war or famine. But I've already made past arguments about the inherent validity of people's feelings, their democratic expression on these boards, and how reducing these to "whining" is emotionally juvenile and arguably abusive. On the other hand, there is a difference between complaining for the sake of venting, and reasoned criticism that seeks evidence to make a point. In all my posts, I have strived for the latter.

Myself and others have criticized Westone for its misleading public statements, its lack of communication, and the unreasonable delay of its product release, all things that Westone (ala Doug) has more or less acknowledged and apologized for. I correctly predicted the W3 would be delayed much longer than was being publicly acknowledged, and I still wonder if it will ever be released - though Doug's reentry into this thread is a very encouraging sign. To confuse this with whining is to misconstrue the purpose of dissent, not to mention its value. It's very possible that the recent "noise" coming from our thread put some pressure on Westone to make a statement. Maybe it helped us get Doug back

And on that note, I'd like to switch gears a little and say WELCOME BACK, DOUG. The past being the past, I'm just glad you're with us right now. I have been a big criticizer of Westone, but the bottom line is that I do want the W3 to come out (I think most of us do), and having you around makes it feel less like vaporware. I have some advice for my fellow head-fiers: It's advantageous to us that Doug posts on this thread. He is more likely to do so if we don't run him out of here. Posts like these are not helpful:

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Originally Posted by raisin
What bothers me the most about this, is it's basis in bad-faith marketing. We've recently seen the major manufacturer's releasing unreliable information about coming products that is based soley on their desire to "freeze" potential owners purchases.
Give me a couple months notice and i appreciate the head's up, but string me along on a wish and a prayer and I see you for the lying corporate person that you are...

Westone - BRANDED

Now, I sympathize with the anger and might even agree with the statement. I might have posted something like it a month ago. It's valid dissent that has a reasoned point to make, but its language is unreasonably inflammatory and rude. Considering the current situation, I'm not sure it's helpful. Doug has returned and is trying to make amends for the situation. And though every person will decide on their own how much forgiveness to appropriate, I suggest that as a group, we try to be civil and respectful. I am again assuming that most of us want this product to come out. It is therefore in our interest to stay as informed as possible, and the best way to do that is to keep Doug around.

Jun 11, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #2,228 of 2,524
They thought they were close, and they were excited about it. They shared their excitment with us.

It turns out they were wrong. Hey it happens.

I am SO GRATEFUL for my UM2's that I have trouble getting up much energy to be angry at Westone.

IMHO, UM2's fit more comfortably than other in-ear-phones, and they sound way more natural too. The rich bass is a nice plus. They are not the most detailed but the level of detail is, to my ear, very natural.

I prefer UM2's over everything else I've tried, including the entire Shure line. (I know this is personal taste.)

So all I can say is "Thank you" to Westone, and hope to see your next generation product when you are good and ready.

Art

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #2,230 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well said Art.

yes, my best earsphones.
Sound natural, details and comfy.
A must Have.

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #2,231 of 2,524
Perhaps if we ourselves had the reputation that both precedes and trails Westone, we could better understand the delay in what is sure to be the most anticipated earphone in a long time. I will bet with assurance that the patience of the few will truly be rewarded with a sweet smile.
Scott

Jun 27, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #2,234 of 2,524
damn i came hear in March, no news
I come here end of June - still no news
2 month later - delay?

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #2,235 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn i came hear in March, no news
I come here end of June - still no news
2 month later - delay?

you apparently missed this latest official news in May...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back