Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
May 9, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #2,131 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received notification from Earphone Solutions- Westone has updated to "Early 2009"!!!!!

What a crock.

I received that too, see you (this thread) next spring!

May 9, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #2,135 of 2,524
For console, Variphone (the only official Westone seller in Europe) said UM3 and Westone 1, 2 could be in preparation for soon. The Westone 3 will be the high-end model of the new audiophile range, and the UM3 will complete the actual range for musicians.

That's only a rumor, don't beat me!
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #2,137 of 2,524
i think the reason people are rather perturbed by the whole situation is because (atleast in my case) the optimistic release date ended up delaying the purchase (for others may still be delaying) of other fine IEMs. I know i for one was sitting around just living with the bad sound of the headphones that came with my portable, thinking it would be worth it to just deal with it and save up for the W3 since at the time the estimated release was within a month. Instead I ended up trusting in westone and waited till i finally just went out and bought the SE530's a month ago, which I think sound great.

i know its our own choice to not upgrade while waiting for a release, but its also the companies responsibility not to mislead its customers (i.e. the manufacturing problem is small.....oh nevermind it'll take us two years). Usually a company would have readied the mass manufacturing process before releasing a solid date and just needed process, lease and/or buy factories. other companies are much more vague with statements like quarterly estimates if they haven't readied the manufacturing process so that people don't waste time waiting on something that may yet be available.

it's also quite a bad experience for resellers who've missed out on the possible income and probably have to deal with a lot of complaints/cancellations from people who've preordered. all in all I don't think the whole situation is as bad as some people make it to be, and I don't think westone owes anyone anything except the retailers, but it is still quite annoying and frustrating to all people involved.

May 10, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #2,139 of 2,524
Shame on Westone, advertising the 3's and letting them slip further and further without a single word to the community. Terrible service.

I have taken up Earphone Solutions offer on the SE530's, not the outcome I wanted but I've had enough waiting. To those who wait, good luck with your patience!
tongue.gif

May 10, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #2,140 of 2,524
Considering the product will not be available until 2009, and considering how long it has been...how does anyone even know if the product will be any good? Sounds like a lot more than a minor manufacturing or packaging issue. It seems this could be an entirely different product than what everyone has expected, and for all we know...may sound far worse and not be what the hype built it up as when it does finally get released. Couple that with Westone's terrible approach to customer service and lack of simple honesty on this issue, I can't imagine why this product would be worth waiting for, or even giving them the business. In fact, I would have thought Westone's major competitors (like Shure) would have taken this opportunity to rush a superior product to market. I think at this point I'd really have to think twice even if it was released tomorrow! Just a thought...

May 10, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #2,142 of 2,524
Where's CraigLester when we need a shot of much needed optimism and reminders of the travesties occuring around the world as we speak?
biggrin.gif

Well, the good news is apparently the project hasn't been altogether scrapped, at least the 3 possibly/maybe released next year,anyway. By that time, I'm sure UE will release their own triple driver with true 3-way crossover. This is beginning to remind of the Larocco Diablo fiasco, except this isn't some small one-man operation. This is a big name company. Pardon my realism.

May 10, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #2,143 of 2,524
Right here. I was out having a nice night out. A nice meal and a movie. And yeah, must be my fault eh?
Yes, It's disappointing, if it's for real, and yes, there are still worse things than a delayed pair of earphones.
Just trying to keep things in perspective.

May 10, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #2,144 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right here. I was out having a nice night out. A nice meal and a movie. And yeah, must be my fault eh?
Yes, It's disappointing, if it's for real, and yes, there are still worse things than a delayed pair of earphones.
Just trying to keep things in perspective.

Indeed. Just wait until they do come out, and they sound spectacular and folks chime in that the "wait was well worth it."

Seriously, a pair of IEM's aren't coming out when folks wanted them, get some perspective...there are bigger things to worry about in life.

May 10, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #2,145 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by techniqu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think the reason people are rather perturbed by the whole situation is because (atleast in my case) the optimistic release date ended up delaying the purchase (for others may still be delaying) of other fine IEMs. I know i for one was sitting around just living with the bad sound of the headphones that came with my portable, thinking it would be worth it to just deal with it and save up for the W3 since at the time the estimated release was within a month. Instead I ended up trusting in westone and waited till i finally just went out and bought the SE530's a month ago, which I think sound great.

i know its our own choice to not upgrade while waiting for a release, but its also the companies responsibility not to mislead its customers (i.e. the manufacturing problem is small.....oh nevermind it'll take us two years). Usually a company would have readied the mass manufacturing process before releasing a solid date and just needed process, lease and/or buy factories. other companies are much more vague with statements like quarterly estimates if they haven't readied the manufacturing process so that people don't waste time waiting on something that may yet be available.

it's also quite a bad experience for resellers who've missed out on the possible income and probably have to deal with a lot of complaints/cancellations from people who've preordered. all in all I don't think the whole situation is as bad as some people make it to be, and I don't think westone owes anyone anything except the retailers, but it is still quite annoying and frustrating to all people involved.

Words of wisdom. They really should be the closing words for this thread before it's allowed to sink into oblivion. I am unsubscribing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back