Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
May 8, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #2,116 of 2,524
Much like the world at large these days, it's a vocal minority that seems to be heard. It's almost as if they want there to be no product, which makes me wonder why?
I mean yes, it's been a disappointment to some, especially those who placed pre-orders and so on, but I'm pretty sure no one actually has been charged for them yet (and if they have - well that's between them and the company they ordered from). It's not like anyone has died or anything. It is, after all, a set of earphones. Why such resentment?
As rhythmicmoose suggests, perhaps a new thread, maybe in the members lounge, called "I feel that Westone has personally slighted me by not releasing a product until it's ready" or something, where people can moan and groan to their hearts content, and those of us who want to be a little optimistic, well we can just stay out of it...

It's easy to take potshots as Westone, but I for one would rather wait for a quality product than one that was rushed out the door to keep a few persistent whiners happy. The decision to hold the product until it meets their high standards could not have been an easy one, or one that was made lightly. I think it shows they care about their product, and by extension, their customers.

May 8, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #2,117 of 2,524
I'm one for waiting with great patience. I really enjoy the UM2's on a nightly basis. They are the comfiest IEM's I've ever used. They may not be the most neutral the most hi-fi sound but they are fun, relaxing and again comfy. If the 3's can improve on the sound while maintaining the comfort I am so in.

May 8, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #2,119 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Much like the world at large these days, it's a vocal minority that seems to be heard....As rhythmicmoose suggests, perhaps a new thread, maybe in the members lounge, called "I feel that Westone has personally slighted me by not releasing a product until it's ready" or something, where people can moan and groan to their hearts content, and those of us who want to be a little optimistic, well we can just stay out of it...

God bless you and all the other optimists. But it's you guys that are the minority; the reason we "pessimists" (I'd prefer "realists") appear so vocal is because there are so many of us, and our arguments are more convincing and reflective of general sentiment. Perhaps it is you guys that need your own thread.

May 8, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #2,120 of 2,524
I really don't see what the "Argument" you have is. There's no resason, apart from presonal dissapointment, that anyone should be mad at Westone. If that's your argument, the one thing you're mad at, well then I'd consider you all take a long hard look at what's going on in the world, and put things in perspective. War, famine oppression, erosion of civil liberties, genocide.. theres a lot more to be mad at than someone not releasing an unfinished product. These are headphones people!

Take a deep breath and smile, it's lovely day. Lets not fight on V-E Day

Have a great day all, be positive

May 8, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #2,121 of 2,524
When there's a war between pessimists and optimists, there's always room for an opportunist. So let's talk about the UM-2 instead, since we're all here anyway. How would the UM-2 work for someone walking a treadmill or rowing a concept-2 rowing machine, both of which are rather noisy implements?

* Isolation is a must, otherwise we must crank up the sound, which in the long run ruins hearing.
* Good sound quality at low volumes is equally a must.

So what do you think, guys, and how do UM-2 compare to Atrio M5/M8? Or are there any IEMs that are even better in the $100-$300 price range?

May 8, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #2,122 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We really need to split this thread into two threads. One for all the people who want to be negative and say it's never coming out, and one for all the believers and optimists. I really hate the fact that 90% of the time I check this thread it's just a big bundle of negativity.

I am not an optimist or pessimist. I am a realist!
wink.gif

May 8, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #2,123 of 2,524
OMG!!!!!

Two-hundred-and-thirteen pages on an item not even available?!?!?!

Seems bit of a waste of time to me. I know I only added to the silliness so for that I apologize.

May 8, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #2,124 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG!!!!!

Two-hundred-and-thirteen pages on an item not even available?!?!?!

Seems bit of a waste of time to me. I know I only added to the silliness so for that I apologize.

... he said, and added more!
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #2,125 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
God bless you and all the other optimists. But it's you guys that are the minority; the reason we "pessimists" (I'd prefer "realists") appear so vocal is because there are so many of us, and our arguments are more convincing and reflective of general sentiment. Perhaps it is you guys that need your own thread.

pessimist: Things are so bad. Could not get any worse.
frown.gif

optimist: Oh, yes, it could!
biggrin.gif

I'm still waiting for 3's (soon to be an anniversary).

May 9, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #2,126 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm one for waiting with great patience. I really enjoy the UM2's on a nightly basis. They are the comfiest IEM's I've ever used. They may not be the most neutral the most hi-fi sound but they are fun, relaxing and again comfy. If the 3's can improve on the sound while maintaining the comfort I am so in.

you're one of the folks that i was referring to that should be very happy with the 3s (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4175215-post2109.html)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what do you think, guys, and how do UM-2 compare to Atrio M5/M8? Or are there any IEMs that are even better in the $100-$300 price range?

the atrios didn't do much for me at all. i preferred the um2s. a rather different sound, but a device worth looking in to in that price range is the sleek audio sa6. it is tunable so you can adjust the sound to your preference. along with the westone 3s and ue10s and 11s, it was one of the most impressive iems in heard at canjam.

May 9, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #2,127 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the atrios didn't do much for me at all. i preferred the um2s. a rather different sound, but a device worth looking in to in that price range is the sleek audio sa6. it is tunable so you can adjust the sound to your preference. along with the westone 3s and ue10s and 11s, it was one of the most impressive iems in heard at canjam.

How is the SA6 for microphonics and isolation and all those things necessary if you use them on a treadmill? I am basically looking for the ultimate treadmill cans within the sub $300 price range.

May 9, 2008 at 11:25 AM Post #2,128 of 2,524
For exercise, including C2, you want the UM2's. I've erged several millions meters with them and they are great. excellent isolation, particularly with shure olives or modded biflanges. they get loud, they have great bass, and they sound great with rock, which is what i listen to on the C2. i had the sa6 and returned them- didn't get loud enough without an amp and anemic bass, even with a good seal.

May 9, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #2,130 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For exercise, including C2, you want the UM2's. I've erged several millions meters with them and they are great. excellent isolation, particularly with shure olives or modded biflanges. they get loud, they have great bass, and they sound great with rock, which is what i listen to on the C2. i had the sa6 and returned them- didn't get loud enough without an amp and anemic bass, even with a good seal.

The UM2 seem great for work-outs, but I wonder how the Atrio M5/M8 compare. I get an impression that the Atrios have better SQ, and they do come at 2/3 of the UM2 price, so being "almost as good" for work-outs will suffice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back