Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
May 1, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #2,086 of 2,524
I prefer companies who are more in touch with their potential and actual consumers.

May 1, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #2,088 of 2,524
On the other hand, they stand by their products. I had a problem with harsh sound coming out the left earphone on my UM2's and they sent me a replacement in less than a week. The emailed me right away when I had problems. Their only problem has been poor communication on the W3's in this forum. They should know better, but I really think they are delaying it in order to provide a superior product. By the way, Shure has delayed their products in the past also.

May 1, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #2,089 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it's pretty difficult to have customers when you don't offer them what they want to buy.

EXACTLY.

May 1, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #2,090 of 2,524
I laugh every time I read the title to this thread. It should be: "Westone 3 - you asked for it, La La La We're Not Listening!"
rolleyes.gif

We should be celebrating pre-order anniversaries. I believe my own pre-order is just over one year old now!

What makes it worse is that PowderHound used to be fairly communicative on this thread, and has since vanished from the forum. If Westone had been up-front with us and said, "guys, we've got major manufacturing problems and have to go back to the drawing board", then at least we would have had a clue where we stand. It would have been better than months of silence and growing ill-will among their former fan base.

May 1, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #2,091 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by OracleGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What makes it worse is that PowderHound used to be fairly communicative on this thread, and has since vanished from the forum.

X2. Couldn't agree more.

May 1, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #2,092 of 2,524
Quote:

What makes it worse is that PowderHound used to be fairly communicative on this thread, and has since vanished from the forum. If Westone had been up-front with us and said, "guys, we've got major manufacturing problems and have to go back to the drawing board", then at least we would have had a clue where we stand. It would have been better than months of silence and growing ill-will among their former fan base.

yeah, it's too bad that we haven't heard from the hound. wasn't it posted a while back that his position within the company had changed? i suspect that his silence is not necessarily his choice.

May 2, 2008 at 8:11 AM Post #2,093 of 2,524
Again and Again, until there are some official infos or release notes on Westone 3, I strongly assume that this product will not be released in any short time (in my dictionary, short time means several months.)

Again, I hope they release this before 3D realm releases Duke Nukem Forever (it is somewhat possible 3D realm may release DNF in this year.....)

May 2, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #2,094 of 2,524
Fellow Head-Fiers- If powderhound23 was in charge of development (not just the 3 but the Custom 3 as well), constructed the beta units by hand, and was then transferred to marketing in November...shouldn't that be raising some really big red flags? Like project scrapped, people?

May 2, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #2,095 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fellow Head-Fiers- If powderhound23 was in charge of development (not just the 3 but the Custom 3 as well), constructed the beta units by hand, and was then transferred to marketing in November...shouldn't that be raising some really big red flags? Like project scrapped, people?

No. I visited Westone recently, spoke to someone in the know, and the project is NOT scrapped.

May 3, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #2,096 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. I visited Westone recently, spoke to someone in the know, and the project is NOT scrapped.

I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe you should have asked this person in the "know", why this thread was abandoned and left for dead, alienating the 3's target consumers in the process- if indeed the project wasn't scrapped. Actions are a lot louder than words.

May 3, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #2,097 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, it's too bad that we haven't heard from the hound. wasn't it posted a while back that his position within the company had changed? i suspect that his silence is not necessarily his choice.

You are probably right. I am pretty sure he read this thread two weeks ago... Sad...

PowderHound23's "Last Activity: 04-16-2008 04:12 PM"

May 3, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #2,098 of 2,524
Quote:

If Westone had been up-front with us and said, "guys, we've got major manufacturing problems and have to go back to the drawing board", then at least we would have had a clue where we stand.

I think you actually make a really good point to add to our list of complaints. The fact that Westone mislead us on the severity of the problem really irks me. And it seems to fit within a pattern of feeding us certain expectations that always go unfulfilled. Has Westone been intentionally deceptive, for reasons currently unknown to us, or were they truly surprised and blindsided by the scale of this technical issue? Whether or not we've been mislead intentionally is, at this point, besides the point. The fact is this - that from now on, when Westone says something (like "it should be ready in a few months"), I don't give it much weight. They've lost their credibility with me. Their word just isn't reliable. Yes, other companies have had delays, but this one is exceptionally disturbing due to its length, the misrepresentation of the problem's scope, and a nearly complete lack of communication on Westone's end to reassure and maintain us customers in good faith.

May 3, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #2,099 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe you should have asked this person in the "know", why this thread was abandoned and left for dead, alienating the 3's target consumers in the process- if indeed the project wasn't scrapped. Actions are a lot louder than words.

That's the biggest question and the one no "who knows someone in the know" seems to want to ask, and it's the first one that comes to mind.

It effects not just the Westone 3, but Westone's entire brand.

I also agree with Dexter, even if he's not quoted here.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #2,100 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fact is this - that from now on, when Westone says something (like "it should be ready in a few months"), I don't give it much weight. They've lost their credibility with me. Their word just isn't reliable.

I completely agree,which is exactly why when somebody says,"Well, someone *in the know* at Westone says it hasn't been scrapped"- it means absolutely nothing. The time for empty words is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back