Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Apr 19, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #2,056 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure IEMs are sourced from Westone.

Aside from the E5c, no they aren't.
Quote:

I own the 530's and think they're great, too. But they're not an all-out Shure "original".

Yes they are, Westone had nothing to do with their design or production.

Apr 19, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #2,057 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There should be a rule against quoting oneself.

I agree.

Quote:

Makes me wonder just what percent of Westone's total business IEMs are (i.e. compared to their other stuff like hearing aids, etc.), and of that, what % of sales are their upper-end IEMs (like the 3's)? And of that how many are on-the-spot sales (as opposed to customers like us who research the product they are going to purchase, and pre-order them)? And of the pre-order folks, how many are "sensitive" (or care about) about the delay.

Yup, those of us posting in this thread do care about the release date of this product. But for the majority of this product's actual or Westone-projected customer base, the delay may not be important.

So that's why Westone may not care about "us" or this thread.

Next to the W3 being vaporware, this is the only other plausible explanation and one that I've considered. It's a fact that Westone doesn't care about this thread; their actions demonstrate it. The question is why? If the W3 is in fact coming, Westone must not believe any ill feelings or loss of interest (initially) from this community are going to impact their sales. Perhaps they believe if they deliver a dynamite product, all this will be water under the bridge. Head-Fiers will buy it if it's good, period. Perhaps they're right.

Apr 19, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #2,058 of 2,524
Quote:

Perhaps they believe if they deliver a dynamite product, all this will be water under the bridge. Head-Fierse will buy it if it's good, period. Perhaps they're right.

Yeah, human psychological weaknesses suck...
I think even a lot of folks who have, in this thread or elsewhere, openly denounced Westone or claim to have withdrawn their present/future support of the company will fold if/when the product is released and esp. after that first glowing review -- one that compares the 3 to, say, the SE530 and declares it "superior", "superb", "the best", etc.

The reviewer may be genuine. OTOH, s/he may be a Westone sympathizer, "Westone lover", Westone employee, etc. The bottom line is ...

One or two great reviews may very well undermine all the 100s of "concerned" posts in this thread. If the 3's, if/when released, really are superior -- and the new Sennheiser IEMs are not better -- then ... so be it!

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #2,060 of 2,524
I more trust Matt (Sugarfried) from Shure's comment that after the E5c, Westone and Shure never worked together again.

Also, I can't see how an IEM with a treble/bass/bass driver config with a two-way crossover could be the prototype for an IEM with a treble/mid/bass driver config with a 3 way crossover.

Apr 19, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #2,061 of 2,524
I have been monitoring this thread for months and I'll probably get flamed and wish that I had kept my mouth shut, but I think that most of you guys are way too "serious" about this issue. The people that had their money down certainly have the right to be upset, that's for sure. Westone's error was announcing an unfinished product way too soon. They obviously wanted to get their share of customers that might be inclined to buy Westone, but could be tempted to buy the newest offerings from their competitors. (many of which began offering new products when the Westone announcement was made...) If you're into the Westone sound you might be grateful to know at that point that a new Westone product was being developed before you spent your money somewhere else. AT THIS POINT, does anybody really want them to sell a product before they are satisfied that it's ready? I'm planning to buy them, I'm frustrated with the delay, but I'll wait until they're ready. (...and they better be right, and they better be good, they better be perfect!)

Apr 20, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #2,062 of 2,524
I'm just sitting back and waiting, like you. Westone doesn't owe me anything. If I hadn't liked what I heard when I got to listen them in September I wouldn't be waiting for them to come out.

Apr 20, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #2,063 of 2,524
Waiting patiently as well... when it's done it's done, and it better not break like my Shure e500 cables after 1.5 yrs.
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #2,067 of 2,524
Quote:

I'm suggesting they're not coming out.

I agree. Such a pity noone from Westone will confirm our suspicion. I keep expecting to see this thread mysteriously closed one day without any explanation and yet it still it goes on...but [size=large]I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!![/size]

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #2,069 of 2,524
Quote:

because this thread has reached the verge of irrelevance.

It did a couple hundred pages ago.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back