Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Feb 15, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #347 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks good very much like i thought looking at the design art
smily_headphones1.gif
i still think that it would also look cool with a shiny white like in the artwork with the red symbol(btw i hope the symbol stays as i like it ^^) but it would have probably gotten too much attention
biggrin.gif

The "symbol" is a 3 btw. Just in case you didn't notice.
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #348 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

I didn't notice until now
smily_headphones1.gif

I looked at the red stuff, but that's the background :p

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #349 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

hehe now i see , didn't expect the red symbol to make a black 3 :p
i thought it was supposed to be 3 somehow but i didn't see how the red makes a 3 :p

Feb 15, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #350 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a side-by side of the UM Series to the new Westone3. This is just to give you an idea of the size. Once again this is a model. Things might change slightly on it. This image is not to be used for promotional use by anyone except Westone.

um1um23qw2.jpg

I am in love...

Ply

Feb 15, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #352 of 2,524
Quote:

It will really come down to putting them in your ear and listening. Nobody can tell you what sounds good to you.

And I can't wait till I get to do so. The wait is killin' me here, PH. I'll be the guy camping outside your building come release time -- Colorado Springs is nice in March, I hear.

Feb 15, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #353 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know it's 3 verus 1, but have these been A\Bed against the 'eternal' Etys as far as clarity???

Some people who like Etys are nuts, IMO. They claim those things sound better than just about anything this side of an HE90. I've never heard detail in the ER4's that I couldn't hear with the Shure E5 or E4, let alone these superior three driver models. I doubt the 3 will do anything to make Ety fanatics stop loving them, because it seems nothing can. Go figue
blink.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #354 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people who like Etys are nuts, IMO. They claim those things sound better than just about anything this side of an HE90. I've never heard detail in the ER4's that I couldn't hear with the Shure E5 or E4, let alone these superior three driver models. I doubt the 3 will do anything to make Ety fanatics stop loving them, because it seems nothing can. Go figue
blink.gif

Bahaha, thanks you saved me from making a 'curiosity purchase'... I see so many threads about the supra-clarity, I figured there must be something to it... Oh well, I'll continue saving my pennies for the 3s!
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #355 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif

Wow. I can't disagree more. The difference between my ER-4P and the Shure e4c phones I tried out was considerable. My triple.fi phones are more detailed than the Shures were, but the midrange recession bugs me. It sounds like the Westone 3 might finally be the elusive headphone with Ety detail and highs and strong bass.

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #356 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know it's 3 verus 1, but have these been A\Bed against the 'eternal' Etys as far as clarity???

I have not done this, so let me play with my ER4p's and the 3 tonight.

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #357 of 2,524
Quote:

Disclaimer: This is a MODEL. This not the final color. We wanted to give you all a sneak peak at where we are going with the design. This image is NOT to be used for promotional use by anyone except Westone.

3blackwidowfe1.jpg

Will this Westone 3 come with shure soft flex sleeves showed in the picture?

I would like to use shure flex sleeves to gain a good seal.

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #358 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trager /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. I can't disagree more. The difference between my ER-4P and the Shure e4c phones I tried out was considerable. My triple.fi phones are more detailed than the Shures were, but the midrange recession bugs me. It sounds like the Westone 3 might finally be the elusive headphone with Ety detail and highs and strong bass.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Trager on this. The ER4P/S are, from my personal experience, superior in terms of detail and clarity to the E4c. I haven't compared the ER4P/S directly to the E500, but from my memory, the E500 do sound less clear although every bit just as detailed.

I digress.

Quote:

I have not done this, so let me play with my ER4p's and the 3 tonight.

It'll be pretty damn impressive if the 3 end up being an upgrade for all those Ety fanboys while still retaining the Westone sound.

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #359 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIANNENGYU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will this Westone 3 come with shure soft flex sleeves showed in the picture?

I would like to use shure flex sleeves to gain a good seal.

Those are actually our sleeves, not the Shure ones. :)
They will come with 3 sets of grey "mushroom tips", 3 sets of clear "bullet tips", 3 sets of comply tips, 1 set of tri-flange tips. This may change, but that's what I've been told.

Feb 16, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #360 of 2,524
Quote:

Those are actually our sleeves, not the Shure ones. :)
They will come with 3 sets of grey "mushroom tips", 3 sets of clear "bullet tips", 3 sets of comply tips, 1 set of tri-flange tips. This may change, but that's what I've been told.

Ooops, sounds good.

I had pre-ordered this new 3 and hope to receive it at the beginning of March.

I want to ask why don't add logo "Westone" next to the red painting.(just personal suggestion)
I think it will look more impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back