Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Jul 25, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #1,291 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
moseboy - I don't know what your problem is but anyone with half a brain knows that in this hobby ALL opinions are subjective and based on personal tastes. I've been here long enough and heard enough gear that I can compare cans, amps, sources, cables, etc. and explain the differences, what I liked, what I didn't like and people can read my reviews and decide if our tastes are similar. I don't call things "crap" I detail what I don't like about them and list the amps, cables and music used for my review. That's what the search function is for so people can read a variety of opinions and hopefully be more confident in the gear they end up purchasing.

If you are so happy with your E500's maybe you should spend less time arguing with people in a Westone thread.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I really don't understand the hostility and criticism Moseboy has towards Westone either. Certainly he couldn't have pre-ordered a pair of the 3's when the E500 is the cat's meow. Shure had more than it's share of delays before the E500 was released as well.

Jul 25, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #1,292 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I really don't understand the hostility and criticism Moseboy has towards Westone either. Certainly he couldn't have pre-ordered a pair of the 3's when the E500 is the cat's meow. Shure had more than it's share of delays before the E500 was released as well.

I dono either... just making glib remarks and taking cheap shots at Westone. You'd think someone who references his "experience" with such strong opinions would have at least one post in the amps, sources, music, etc. forums
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #1,293 of 2,524
I have to admit, that sooner or later I also get a little "pissed" because of Westones information policy. At least they could provide us with a new release estimation something...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #1,294 of 2,524
Quote:

You'd think someone who references his "experience" with such strong opinions would have at least one post in the amps, sources, music, etc. forums
wink.gif

Just a remark: I have also only a small number of posts at head-fi so far. But I would categorize myself as experienced in terms of headphones and IEM's.

Jul 25, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #1,295 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a remark: I have also only a small number of posts at head-fi so far. But I would categorize myself as experienced in terms of headphones and IEM's.

You've also been here a year and have a sig/profile that shows you have owned/heard some respectable gear.

Jul 25, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #1,296 of 2,524
You know what, **** it. Since no one in this fricken thread can see eye to eye with me, I don't care anymore. I'm gone, and don't worry, I won't be back.

I can hear the cheering already....

Jul 25, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #1,297 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in·def·i·nite (ĭn-dĕf'ə-nĭt) pronunciation
adj.

Not definite, especially:

1. Unclear; vague.
2. Lacking precise limits: an indefinite leave of absence.
3. Uncertain; undecided: indefinite about their plans.

"coming down the home stretch" means what date?

Well in everyday English, if I say a hockey player is injured and will be "out indefinitely" that means there's no time frame for his return. "Coming down the home stretch" to me sounds more like he'd be day-to-day. Call me an optimist, but I'm hoping they'll be out within a month.

I guess we'll read it how we want to read it.
cool.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #1,298 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenyee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The main issue is the FCC testing (I'm assuming they have to do that but you can look at the back of the box to find out). That can easily suck up a few weeks of time and is required anytime you do anything significant inside your equipment. Then there's board respin time, manufacturing tooling changes, etc...

huh, what does the fcc have to do with headphones or iems??

Jul 26, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #1,300 of 2,524
Quote:

I dono either... just making glib remarks and taking cheap shots at Westone. You'd think someone who references his "experience" with such strong opinions would have at least one post in the amps, sources, music, etc. forums
wink.gif

I agree with you wakeride, moseboy has been very active in the Westone appreciation thread (nothing but criticism, -didnt he read the word appreciation?-) and pretty much killed it. He should be in the Shure appreciation thread I guess.....

Jul 26, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #1,301 of 2,524
I think it is a shame if moseboy stops posting in this thread. I like this site becuase people get to express their opinions both positive or negative.

In terms this being a "Westone appreciation thread" it still is, but sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth. A delay is bound to be reflected negatively in this thread, but no publicity is bad publicity as 1300 post will testify.

Jul 26, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #1,302 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well in everyday English, if I say a hockey player is injured and will be "out indefinitely" that means there's no time frame for his return. "Coming down the home stretch" to me sounds more like he'd be day-to-day. Call me an optimist, but I'm hoping they'll be out within a month.

I guess we'll read it how we want to read it.
cool.gif

Well, let's all hope you are right. I've just worked for too many manufacturers to believe a delay with no time frame at all means within a month.

I'd be happy for you to rub this in my face if I'm wrong, but...
cool.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #1,303 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
huh, what does the fcc have to do with headphones or iems??

As I understand it, anything electronic has to be FCC certified to make sure it doesn't put out any RF noise. I.e., it must be properly shielded so it doesn't generate enough noise to affect TV's, radio's, etc.

We used to do this at a company that made supercomputers and it was a PITA even though the boxes were made of metal. IEMs don't have a big metal shield to prevent RF leakage (aka, faraday cage).

Of course, if IEMs are putting enough RF out to affect radios and TV's, I think we're in serious trouble for sticking these things in our ears :wink:

Jul 26, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #1,305 of 2,524
There's way too much ego and judgment going on in this thread right now, ON ALL SIDES. Remember, the gift of Head-Fi is each other, connecting us fellow enthusiasts, helping each other, sharing, caring. Also, I'm egotistical and judgmental and the competition makes it harder to stand out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back