Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Feb 11, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #1,921 of 2,524
No release date has been set..

The last update I got was that the injection tool was re-done to fix some imperfections in the assembly and finish. I'm waiting for an official statement on the 3. soon as I have that it will be posted here.

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #1,923 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No release date has been set..

The last update I got was that the injection tool was re-done to fix some imperfections in the assembly and finish. I'm waiting for an official statement on the 3. soon as I have that it will be posted here.

Can you elaborate at all on what that means for a timeline leading up to release? Last we heard, if I remember correctly, you were doing 90-day listening tests to determine your final manufacturing process. If you're now fixing the injection tool, that seems like a step back in the process. What happens after the injection stuff is fixed? Straight to production or more test periods?

Thanks for chiming in, by the way. We really enjoy hearing from you.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #1,924 of 2,524
bad news, but hey at least it is news. thanks for the update
biggrin.gif

you're gonna have it out with that korean shop owner when you guys meet up again
tongue.gif

looks like it could take a while longer for people (especially non-preorders) to get their hands on these.

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #1,925 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by techniqu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bad news, but hey at least it is news. thanks for the update
biggrin.gif

you're gonna have it out with that korean shop owner when you guys meet up again
tongue.gif

looks like it could take a while longer for people (especially non-preorders) to get their hands on these.

Sorry for false news, didnt receive phone call or text message from the shop owner. Anyway Powderhound already clarified it.

Feb 15, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #1,928 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by tldoxmf87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it doesn't come out by March I'm just gonna go for the Shure SE530

as has been suggested any # of times in this thread (just in case you haven't read the whole thing) go out and purchase something to enjoy for now and if you have the urge later, if and when the westone 3s are on the market, you can sell off your old babies and buy these critters.

Feb 15, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #1,931 of 2,524
yeah, using my optimus keyboard too
smily_headphones1.gif

but hey, I'm prepared to wait . Have been since may heh

Feb 15, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #1,934 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by tldoxmf87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might gofor the UM2s first.
Anyone have em for sale?
PM me!

Someone is selling UM2 in the FS forum for $200.

Feb 15, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #1,935 of 2,524
When I first got on board for the W3, they were talking about a January '07 release date, so I've been waiting for over a year for these puppies. I finally decided to buy Shures after the packing problem came about... thank God I did that. As much as I want these to come out ASAP, a part of me is looking forward to hearing more complaints from those people who used to criticize the "complainers." Very childish, I admit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back