Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #601 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, it completely renders us insane. But at least here... our insanity is celebrated. In fact, it seems almost normal to whip out a credit card for a pair or earphones I had no intention of buying only a few minutes before
dt880smile.png

Yeah, I'm part of the insane crew. These seem like they'll be so good that I don't even care that I missed out on the Livesearch deal.... I truly don't care that I paid full price. How insane is that?

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #602 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by freeone-j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? Thats around $240 for a pair, fantastic! I should've waited a little longer...

you guys are so lucky to be able to pay so little for it!

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #604 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by freeone-j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? Thats around $240 for a pair, fantastic! I should've waited a little longer...

You're not alone freeone-j, in case having company helps. I popped off with my CC the minute I received word of availability from ES. Didn't even know about their ebay store, or the LiveSearch 30% off. Ah well, now I do, and I plan to take advantage of that with the HearYourself C-3 and the upgraded Zero DAC.

My W3s are sitting at the Oakland post office...................

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #605 of 2,224
Awesome review vorlon1!!! Mine were supposed to arrive on Friday...sighs, I'm like totally missing out these past 2 days! >=0 Well at least I get them first thing tomorrow morning ha! There's only 4 days left till my birthday when I become 16, what a great birthday present. Btw, even though I live in Canada, I got them for $339USD from a certain dealer. =]

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #606 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GRRRR... PM me your address. I'll see that you get everything.

thanks powderhound! sent you a PM.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #607 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well let's not put it that way. The case is hampering the connection not the W3. The W3 was designed to work with all portable devices. iPods are what most of us in the office use.

I'm talking about not havng a mic built into the cable, or having the option of pausing/advancing to next track without using the touch screen. I use mine walking, and the Griffin iTalk makes any IEM/portable phone into an iPhone/Touch cable. I know it works, I just meant, isn't it a pain to use the phones without the ability to talk/call, or advance/pause tracks?

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #608 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, really? You're converting some favourites to FLAC? Which dap will you use the files with? The Sony, Zune and iPod Touch don't support FLAC, I don't think.

The Clips do. I have two Clips, 1 and 2GB. I can convert batches of files, then move them on and off as I want. Just for very specific artists, mind you. Most of my tracks are going to stay at 192-320k. Just wanted the option to hear some of my older favorites unadulterated in a lossless format. Not too much effort, really, converting like 20-30 CDs in all.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #609 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm talking about not havng a mic built into the cable, or having the option of pausing/advancing to next track without using the touch screen. I use mine walking, and the Griffin iTalk makes any IEM/portable phone into an iPhone/Touch cable. I know it works, I just meant, isn't it a pain to use the phones without the ability to talk/call, or advance/pause tracks?

The beauty of the iTalk mic/button extension is that it has minimal if any impact on the sound quality of the Westone 3. The sucky part is being like 3-foot long or something, and needing to keep it twisty tied in a short bundle so you don't have a cable that you can keep stepping on.

BTW, My REVIEW is 90% done with an impending deposit of said review sometime tonight! With un-boxing photos from last Tuesday...

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #610 of 2,224
I just got sucked into the Vortex. However, with all coupons applied - $240.00 total through ebay. Not bad considering I was willing to pony up the full price a week ago. Wife thinks I am nuts considering I just purchased the UM2 about three months ago. Oh well, now I have a pair to cut the grass in and a pair for serious listening.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #611 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome review vorlon1!!! Mine were supposed to arrive on Friday...sighs, I'm like totally missing out these past 2 days! >=0 Well at least I get them first thing tomorrow morning ha! There's only 4 days left till my birthday when I become 16, what a great birthday present. Btw, even though I live in Canada, I got them for $339USD from a certain dealer. =]

Congratulations to a fellow Sagittarian on your purchase, and happy birthday.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #612 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The beauty of the iTalk mic/button extension is that it has minimal if any impact on the sound quality of the Westone 3. The sucky part is being like 3-foot long or something, and needing to keep it twisty tied in a short bundle so you don't have a cable that you can keep stepping on.

BTW, My REVIEW is 90% done with an impending deposit of said review sometime tonight! With un-boxing photos from last Tuesday...

Agree, but since I only have the Touch, I have it all rolled up, so it's very short, maybe 4-5 extra inches. If I had to use the mic, it would be a pain, I agree.

Looking forward to your review.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #613 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you guys are so lucky to be able to pay so little for it!

Firstly, thanks Vorlon1 for such a complete and satisfying review, kudos.

Secondly, Feedmetrance, I know you would be in agreement with me in that your tired of being royally screwed price wise living in Australia.

Dec 1, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #615 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suppose I'll be adding to the glut of Westone 3 threads when I post my mine entitled "REVIEW: Westone 3 Ultimate IEM vs the Losers..."

Okay - It is Done. The ultimate Westone 3 fan boi thread can be seen now:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...7/#post5070427

Users who are viewing this thread

Back