Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #616 of 2,224
[size=small]OMG!!! MINE HAVE JUST ARRIVED AT MY LOCAL DEPOT. [/size]

I'm going to have them in a few hours!!! OMG!

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #617 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Clean up on aisle orgasm.

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #618 of 2,224
Quote:

Congratulations, you're in for a lot of fun.

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #619 of 2,224
Quote:

You guys are so lucky
frown.gif

Your item left the United States from ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 4:37 PM on November 28, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

My pair have not even reached my country yet :'(

SilverB

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #620 of 2,224
Ok folks, just received my Westone 3 today!! A very quick listen to my current fav track (Coldplay 'Viva La Vida', apple lossless) and within minutes, i can easily conclude that i prefer Westone 3 over Sennheiser IE 8.

I suck at writing reviews but i fully concur with Headphone Addict on his observations of the W3:

1) As Headphone Addict pointed out, "The W3 bass has great texture, and is very detailed and quick." While i felt that the drums in 'Viva la Vida' exhibit slightly more bass with the IE8, 'Refined' is another word i would use to describe W3's bass.

2) "The midrange is tonally rich, and a little forward rather than recessed, and therefore more engaging". Couldn't agree more, especially on the 'richness' and 'more engaging' qualities! The violin in the beginning of the track has more 'body' and together with the piano arrangements just sounds more musical than IE8.

3) "The highs are smooth and detailed, and crisp with a nice sparkle" Concur! Chris Martin's vocals vocals just seem to sound clearer!

While the Sennheiser IE8 are very very good earphones (to me, quite a step up when compared to Klipsch Image X10), I'm definitely keeping my W3 and putting up my IE8 for sale.

Oh another thing, also loved the comfort of the W3 over IE8. The curvy shape nudges well with my ears and single flange medium silicon tips provide the best isolation / comfort.

Just my humble observations
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #621 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by wwyjoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok folks, just received my Westone 3 today!! A very quick listen to my current fav track (Coldplay 'Viva La Vida', apple lossless) and within minutes, i can easily conclude that i prefer Westone 3 over Sennheiser IE 8.

I suck at writing reviews but i fully concur with Headphone Addict on his observations of the W3:

1) As Headphone Addict pointed out, "The W3 bass has great texture, and is very detailed and quick." While i felt that there is slightly more bass with the IE8, 'Refined' is another word i would use to describe W3's bass.

2) "The midrange is tonally rich, and a little forward rather than recessed, and therefore more engaging". Couldn't agree more! The violin and piano arrangements in 'Viva La Vida' just sounds more musical than IE8.

3) "The highs are smooth and detailed, and crisp with a nice sparkle" Concur! Chris Martin's vocals vocals just seem to sound clearer!

While the Sennheiser IE8 are very very good earphones (to me, quite a step up when compared to Klipsch Image X10), I'm definitely keeping my W3 and putting up my IE8 for sale.

Oh another thing, also loved the comfort of the W3 over IE8. The curvy shape nudges well with my ears and single flange medium silicon tips provide the best isolation / comfort.

Just my humble observations
biggrin.gif

Cool! If you like, you could add these observations to my review thread as well, as I think they would be pertinent there.

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #622 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are so lucky
frown.gif

Your item left the United States from ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 4:37 PM on November 28, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

My pair have not even reached my country yet :'(

SilverB

Hey, I remember USPS being useless about updating any information! Find out who the carrier will be when they arrive in your country, and then put the tracking number into their website. In the UK, the carrier is Parcelforce, so I track USPS packages through their own site. Once, I had a package that took 10 days to get from the US to the UK, and USPS didn't update the info until it landed in the UK.

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #623 of 2,224
Are these compatible with the q-jays silicon tips? I got like ridiculous small ear canals and the q-jays xxs silicon tip is the only one I can wear comfortably.

How do they look when worn in ear? And how big are the shells compared to other IEMs like q-jays or the sleeks. Anyone got a picture so I can compare the size with other iems.

Dec 1, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #624 of 2,224
Quote:

Hey, I remember USPS being useless about updating any information! Find out who the carrier will be when they arrive in your country, and then put the tracking number into their website. In the UK, the carrier is Parcelforce, so I track USPS packages through their own site. Once, I had a package that took 10 days to get from the US to the UK, and USPS didn't update the info until it landed in the UK.

Indeed; lately USPS has been really off with tracking packages.
mad.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #625 of 2,224
quick question for those who've received their w3's already and have had the um1 or um2's.
is it just me? or does the cord seem a lot softer/more flexible?
I noticed that the w3's have less twists (or braids... I don't know what to call them) in the cord than the um1's do.
just wondering if this was supposed to be this way or not.

Dec 1, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #626 of 2,224
Quote:

Haha, I bet the carrier is my own country is even worse
triportsad.gif

I guess I'll call them up first thing in the morning tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I'll just refresh this forum to see how people get so excited about the W3's
darthsmile.gif

SilverB

Dec 1, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #627 of 2,224
SilverB, i still waiting for my pairs of boardshort sent from the States using USPS International Priority. It has been 2 MONTHS! and yet to arrive. I assumed USD80 going into drain.

Hopefully you will be more lucky.

Dec 1, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #628 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha...I actually never fathomed I'd be treating myself to such tippy-top-of-the-line IEMs -- and so soon after their release -- but that's what this place does to people, I suppose. It renders us insane.

We're in just the same boat, for some reason I felt like coming and browsing and head-fi a few days ago, remembered all the Westone 3 hype that was abound a year ago when I picked out my Denon C700, and became engrossed with all the positive reviews. The only thing was the price... 30% Live cashback on ebay purchases!? Problem solved. Purchased my pair today, too bad I couldn't get the 10% paypal discount to work -- told me I had to explicitly receive the offer. Oh well, hope to enjoy these in a few days and will post impressions.

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #629 of 2,224
"Dec 1, 2008 7:24 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

So, once I get to work, I hope mine are there! Can't wait.
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #630 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbornazn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
quick question for those who've received their w3's already and have had the um1 or um2's.
is it just me? or does the cord seem a lot softer/more flexible?
I noticed that the w3's have less twists (or braids... I don't know what to call them) in the cord than the um1's do.
just wondering if this was supposed to be this way or not.

If the UM1 or UM2 are about a year old then yes the cable it slightly different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back