Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread
Sep 11, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #616 of 1,022
This thread has praised Milo a lot... putting it comfortably about Master 9, V281 and I think also 430HA. But other places and people disrespect and strongly do not recommend the Milo. I am not clear on why though? Can anyone explain this. I am not trying to start drama I am simply looking for my next upgrade.

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #617 of 1,022
because all judgments are subjective.......

Sep 11, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #618 of 1,022
True but there should still be some actual reasoning

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #619 of 1,022
True but there should still be some actual reasoning

Some people have a very blatant agenda against the Wells Audio stuff. I’ve never really figured out why, IMO, all of Jeff’s amps are pretty damn good.

Sep 12, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #620 of 1,022
Some people have a very blatant agenda against the Wells Audio stuff. I’ve never really figured out why, IMO, all of Jeff’s amps are pretty damn good.

Someone on the discord Im on said the headtrip sounds bloated and congested. But most others have praised it so I have a feeling its a great amp.

Sep 12, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #621 of 1,022
Someone on the discord Im on said the headtrip sounds bloated and congested. But most others have praised it so I have a feeling its a great amp.

Well that person is obviously an idiot.

Sep 12, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #622 of 1,022
DELETED to avoid drama.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #623 of 1,022
Sounds like you’ve heard from both camps and now you need to listen for yourself. It’s starting to sound like you’re just trying to stir the pot. You’ll find enough positive thoughts in this thread to understand why many, including myself, think Wells Audio amps are fantastic. Reading about it can only get ya so far bud. As someone already said, it’s all subjective.

Sep 12, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #624 of 1,022
Sounds like you’ve heard from both camps and now you need to listen for yourself. It’s starting to sound like you’re just trying to stir the pot. You’ll find enough positive thoughts in this thread to understand why many, including myself, think Wells Audio amps are fantastic. Reading about it can only get ya so far bud. As someone already said, it’s all subjective.

Im not stirring the pot. I deleted my above post. Unfortunately I have absolutely no practical way of hearing these amps without buying them. I suppose I could buy, listen and sell if I don't like it but with a $7,000 USD amp thats easier said than done.

Sep 12, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #625 of 1,022
Im not stirring the pot. I deleted my above post. Unfortunately I have absolutely no practical way of hearing these amps without buying them. I suppose I could buy, listen and sell if I don't like it but with a $7,000 USD amp thats easier said than done.

Your right, with the demise of most brick and mortar audio shops it is difficult to impossible to audition anything, so you pay your money and take your chances (on reselling).

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #626 of 1,022
yup :frowning2: lots of 2 channel stores but basically no real hp stores (outside those with basic or limited gear)

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #627 of 1,022
After emailing and talking to Jeff himself, I knew he was a person I wanted to do business with. You may want to email him as well and ask what your options would be if you didn't end up liking the amp. The Milo, and I can only imagine the Enigma and Headtrip, is amazing with the HE-6 and Abyss Phi.

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #628 of 1,022
yup :frowning2: lots of 2 channel stores but basically no real hp stores (outside those with basic or limited gear)

Not near me for 2 channel (at least contender level), I've got a choice of 1 and after that it's an hour plus ride into Philadelphia. It would be an all day project, cost to park, and mind boggling traffic to fight down and back.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #629 of 1,022
Not near me for 2 channel (at least contender level), I've got a choice of 1 and after that it's an hour plus ride into Philadelphia. It would be an all day project, cost to park, and mind boggling traffic to fight down and back.

I had to drive 2 hours to get to businesses that sold better level equipment and speakers. Only big box stores around me like Best Buy.

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #630 of 1,022
I had to drive 2 hours to get to businesses that sold better level equipment and speakers. Only big box stores around me like Best Buy.
It is a shame that much of the very best of high end audio products cannot be auditioned before purchasing. This state of affairs was unfortunately fostered by the buying public over the last 15 years or so. It became too easy just to go to the local high end store, audition all of the products, pick the brains of the store expert and then run home and buy it from some pirate on the internet for a few dollars less. This hastened the demise of most local brick-and-mortar stores and robbed the consumer of the ability to listen before purchasing. The current conditions exist because of the temptation to save a buck and shortsightedness of the consumers. High end aficionados have only themselves to blame for the currently hot business model of direct internet sales. Having said this for those couple of people who seem to be considering a purchase but are on the fence due to the fact you are not able to personally audition the product I will offer a 100% money back guarantee in the first 30 days of ownership on a new Headtrip II amp. While not a perfect alternative it is the best choice available. Please call me if interested in the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back