Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread
Apr 1, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #1,021 of 1,022
Yes! No issues here.

It was done to reduce noise from the transformer from "creeping" to the amplifier circuit.
Also, as far as I know - there is not choice in the matter as Jeff is building all new Milo amps with external PSU.
Got it- thank you. If the LPS is now standard, I'm guessing the price is no longer $1700, but $2300. I can always inquire to learn more about pricing.

The one I heard had the stepped attenuator as the only other option. I know there are internal resistors, etc. as options, but this one sounded great as-is. I'm definitely intrigued by this amp. The horsepower under the hood was just spectacular.

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #1,022 of 1,022
I had the chance to hear the Milo this past weekend. I got together with another Head-Fi member, who lives close by. My intent was to check out his Mod House Tungsten headphones and he brought them over, so I could hear them through my tube amps. He just happened to bring along his Milo and now I'm more interested in the Milo than the Tungsten! The Milo sounded great with the Tungsten, of course, but I also listened with my Abyss 1266 and felt there was more low-end girth/resonance and depth, compared to my Woo WA22. I had been thinking about a good solid state amp for a long time, but there are too many choices. Now that I've heard the Milo, I should keep my eyes open for one.

Question: Are you owners happy with your build quality? This fellow member had to send his back twice, as it had humming noise. It's perfect now, but that's a concern. Also, what are the benefits of the external linear power supply? Makes sense to reduce noice for tube amps, but I didn't think it was necessary for solid state.
I PM'd you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back