Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread
Mar 27, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #421 of 1,022
I have an Ori/Omni.  I am told The Milo is the best SS amp on earth for it.  How do you like it with your Eikon?  

It is great with the Eikon and the Atticus. I also have an Ori, which sounds great with the Milo.

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #422 of 1,022
It is great with the Eikon and the Atticus. I also have an Ori, which sounds great with the Milo.

I am happy to hear... My power hungry Omni's will be happy when Milo arrives.

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #423 of 1,022
So I hosted a headphone meet today and my Milo (using Oppo Sonica Dac) got its a** handed to it by a $7k Eddie Current Studio Six tube amp connected to a $13k Chord Dave Dac! Not too shocked by this. Actually, the Milo faired rather well up against this beast of a combo. The Studio Six simply had this big,broad, uber authoritive sound with more air and separation between instruments like I've never heard before. Having said that, I think the Milo was a better performer overall than the Audio-GD Master 9 amp . Also worth noting was that I prefer my LCD-4 and Hifiman He-1k more than the Focal Utopia, Stax Sr-007 mk1 and Mr. Speaker Ether Flow. A fun and educational day overall.

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #424 of 1,022
So I hosted a headphone meet today and my Milo (using Oppo Sonica Dac) got its a** handed to it by a $7k Eddie Current Studio Six tube amp connected to a $13k Chord Dave Dac! Not too shocked by this. Actually, the Milo faired rather well up against this beast of a combo. The Studio Six simply had this big,broad, uber authoritive sound with more air and separation between instruments like I've never heard before. Having said that, I think the Milo was a better performer overall than the Audio-GD Master 9 amp . Also worth noting was that I prefer my LCD-4 and Hifiman He-1k more than the Focal Utopia, Stax Sr-007 mk1 and Mr. Speaker Ether Flow. A fun and educational day overall.

That's awesome. It looks like Jelt showed up with the Studio/Dave? It looks like the Eddie Current 2A3 and Zana Deux were also present. Any comparison? I also noticed the CA Andromeda.

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #425 of 1,022
That's awesome. It looks like Jelt showed up with the Studio/Dave? It looks like the Eddie Current 2A3 and Zana Deux were also present. Any comparison? I also noticed the CA Andromeda.

You are correct on all the about except the 2A3. It's the Eddie Current 445. Andromeda was indeed present along with the 64Audio U12. While both sounded great, I prefer the U12.
The Zana Deux runs extremely hot. The Studio Six was king though and I say with price not withstanding.

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #427 of 1,022
A Milo rave review coming soon from a major reviewer. Stand by for more info in a few days or so.

Will the review come thru on this thread or will be given the publication where it will live? I apologize for the questions, but this is exciting.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #429 of 1,022
I'm very surprised by the (lack of) weight of the Milo. The whole thing feels kinda...cheap? Sound not withstanding of course

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #430 of 1,022
I'm very surprised by the (lack of) weight of the Milo. The whole thing feels kinda...cheap? Sound not withstanding of course

You can always upgrade to the Enigma or Headtrip if you need more weight.
wink.gif
  But yeah, the shell was reduced to the basics to keep costs down, I'm sure.  You can blow a lot of the total cost on metal and finishing.  The dial was kept nice and hefty though.  Very satisfying to turn, especially with the Khozmo upgrade.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #431 of 1,022
You can always upgrade to the Enigma or Headtrip if you need more weight. :wink:   But yeah, the shell was reduced to the basics to keep costs down, I'm sure.  You can blow a lot of the total cost on metal and finishing.  The dial was kept nice and hefty though.  Very satisfying to turn, especially with the Khozmo upgrade.

I was worried about the gain on the Milo. I talked to Mr. Wells about it and decided to go without the attenuator to drop gain, but to go ahead with the Khozmo + Vishay configuration.

Extremely glad I did. Plenty of play on the knob, and the sound is fantastic.

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #432 of 1,022
I was worried about the gain on the Milo. I talked to Mr. Wells about it and decided to go without the attenuator to drop gain, but to go ahead with the Khozmo + Vishay configuration.

Extremely glad I did. Plenty of play on the knob, and the sound is fantastic.

I did the exact same thing after speaking with Mr. Wells.  I am extremely excited for its arrival.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #433 of 1,022
I've been told my Milo (Khozmo + Vishay) is on its way! Can't wait!

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #434 of 1,022
The Milo is IN!
Still burning in, but my initial impressions with the LCD-4:   this amp sure puts the boot to rock music!  It's got lots of impact and fast dynamics galore!
This one has the new Khozmo and the Vishays.  I have the dial around 1 o clock with the LCD4 for normal listening and 2 o clock for fairly loud listening.  Lots of play on the dial even without any attenuator!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back