Well, I think it is safe to say that none of our head-fi equipment will fly anymore
Aug 11, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #77 of 106
With good marketing and supply you could provide this as a service for a small fee. Hey, doesn't [size=medium]Bose[/size] have a position in this market that could provide an in-cabin service? I am sure they could work something up for those discerning enough to need this service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
I bet in the future you won’t need to bring a portable MP3 player on the plane,.

Aug 11, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #79 of 106
Yup, the ban is to prevent anyone from trying to fill tootpaste, shampoo, sports drink, etc. containers with a explosive liquid or jell component dyed to the appropriate color of that product if the container is transparent and then carrying it on board without the security screeners noticing anything out of the ordinary.

Aug 11, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #82 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
This proves the world is getting more dumb.
I guess my battery powered watch isn't going to cut it for those airlines.

Nope, time to buy an automatic or manual my friend. Of course the mechanisms in those watches are probably going to be concerned wireless transmitters to detonate bombs. Wind the watch and the bomb goes tock!

Aug 11, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #83 of 106
At this rate, i think, NO, I KNOW that in less than 10 yrs, mebbe 5..
We'd have to get to the airport, strip naked, get xrayed, checked for euchglocma (a plague from all the retartedness) then put on a 'clean suit'
No, u can't bring in ur ipods, or even contact lenses, glasses or anything u werent born with
*imagining people with clean white overalls all over the place
eek.gif

Aug 11, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #84 of 106
I got an email from United today since I am a very frequent flier. Just FYI, it said (among other things):

New Transportation Security Administration rules are now
in effect.

LAPTOPS, CELL PHONES, AND IPODS
------------------------------------------------------------
For passengers leaving the U.S, electronic devices and
carry-ons are allowed. For travelers leaving the U.K. for
the U.S., all electronic devices and carry-ons are
currently prohibited.

Aug 12, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #85 of 106
That's just wonderful, Skylab. Just wondeful.

Quote:

Ossama bin Laden was very explicit about his goal: to take away our civil liberties. Be your own judge. Whenever I fly, I always feel like I should be wearing a "Where's Ossama?" t-shirt.

Erm. You do realize that the "confession" video released by the government is fake? The one where "Osama" writes a confession? He's writing it with the wrong hand. Also, he has said that he had nothing to do with 9/11. Someone in his position would love to be responsible for that, but there is no concrete evidence that he was, and all evidence points towards a government lie. It doesn't really matter, though, because "Osama isn't really that much of a priority right now."

Also, to the mods: Why are we not allowed to hold political and/or religious discussions? As long as we do it with some semblance of civility, I see no reason to ban all logical discussion. I want to voice my opinion: I'm tired of this government taking away all of our civil liberties in the name of "safety." They're destroying the very freedom that they proclaim to defend.

Aug 12, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #86 of 106
It's because there are some strong feelings here both and against what you think is teh obvious, and it flared up bigtime when there used to be a forum here called Take it Outside. You wouldn't believe the nutjobs that reared their ugly heads, and it gave a bad feeling throughout the entire forum.

Sometimes it's best not to know what other members in the forum are thinking. It just wasn't possible to hold a reasonable debate.

Aug 12, 2006 at 10:54 AM Post #87 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
That's just wonderful, Skylab. Just wondeful.

Skylabs missing words: "Ossama bin Laden was very explicit about his goal: to take away our civil liberties. Be your own judge. Whenever I fly, I always feel like I should be wearing a "Where's Ossama?" t-shirt."

Erm. You do realize that the "confession" video released by the government is fake? The one where "Osama" writes a confession? He's writing it with the wrong hand. Also, he has said that he had nothing to do with 9/11. Someone in his position would love to be responsible for that, but there is no concrete evidence that he was, and all evidence points towards a government lie. It doesn't really matter, though, because "Osama isn't really that much of a priority right now."

Also, to the mods: Why are we not allowed to hold political and/or religious discussions? As long as we do it with some semblance of civility, I see no reason to ban all logical discussion. I want to voice my opinion: I'm tired of this government taking away all of our civil liberties in the name of "safety." They're destroying the very freedom that they proclaim to defend.

Actually Osama has made it very clear in a couple of videos that he fights the US because of their precence in Saudi Arabia. Nothing more nothing less. Not that I support him in any way of course.

Aug 12, 2006 at 12:57 PM Post #88 of 106
I flew home from Los Angeles Friday morning and it was a mess for the normal traveler. I got to the airport at 0530 for a 0930 flight thinking I would miss the crowds; no such luck. There were lines inside ticketing and at TSA as well as outside just waiting to get in. Lucky for me the First Class and high mileage flier lines were still there and staffed. The only problem was finding them in the sea of people. The longest wait was to get my e ticket and baggage tag. Since most everyone did not want to throw away items the TSA line for checked baggage was very long. I actually made it through the entire process in just over 1/2 hour. Lucky for me I belong to the Admirals club and I had a comfortable place to sit for the 3 hour wait. No problem with my SR-71 or player in security.

My boss asked me to come in to work on Monday instead of flying out again. So I do not leave until Tuesday morning this coming week. I hope that I miss the Monday crowds and that things are a little less hectic. Since March I have only been in the office about 2 weeks and it has been challenging. The one good thing is that I have been going to different destinations lately. Anchorage, Seattle, Boise, Los Angeles and Phoenix have been my latest stops.

Aug 12, 2006 at 1:01 PM Post #89 of 106
Please refrain from political discussions in any of the Head-Fi forums. Political posts will be deleted without further explanation.

Aug 12, 2006 at 1:13 PM Post #90 of 106
I just flew in from heathrow yesterday.
It was crazy we waited in line from 3:00am to 7:30am to get our bags checked and then another hour in security. Once you made it to security all you could carry through was a boarding pass and a wallet with your identifican. All wallets were examend and all passengers were frisked.
Once you arived at your gate you had to show an id again along with your boarding pass and also have all of your carry on searched and you could not leave the boarding area with out haveing to go back though security.
Lastly our flight was delayed 4 hours and we missed the next flight but luckly made it home via stand by on another flight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back