Well, I think it is safe to say that none of our head-fi equipment will fly anymore
Aug 10, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #16 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by russdog
Other reports say that they're making mothers of infants take sips of formula in from of security guys, else no baby formula on the plane.

wow..that's annal of TSA
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #17 of 106
When I first heard of the new restrictions, I thought they applied to checked baggage too. That would have been a major PITA.

I don't ordinarily carry my amp onto the plane anyway, I just check it.

During the flight just my iPod and my Etys. I should be OK, right?

Aug 10, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #18 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat
I will definitely not put my amp in carry-on baggage anymore , especially with American Airlines. However last winter when I traveled to China, I did bring my supermini-3 with me. Actually thinking about it now, I even took the amp apart during the flight to adjust the bassboost jumpers, LOL. The flight attendant saw me doing that and appeared to be quite concerned for a moment. Then I guess good common sense told her that I wasn't gonna do anything crazy on a plane full of Chinese...
etysmile.gif

I always keep my bass boost in the heel of my shoe!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #19 of 106
I flew last week from NYC to Dallas and back and had HeadRoom Overture DAC and HeadAmp AE-1 with me as a carry on... no problems at all

Aug 10, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
When I first heard of the new restrictions, I thought they applied to checked baggage too. That would have been a major PITA.

I don't ordinarily carry my amp onto the plane anyway, I just check it.

During the flight just my iPod and my Etys. I should be OK, right?

As I understand it iPods are restricted as well. Sorry.

Aug 10, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #21 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
As I understand it iPods are restricted as well. Sorry.

OK, I found the answer on TSA's web site:

iPods should be OK.

Aug 11, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #25 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme
you know what, if i go on a long plane trip, i'll plan to have a bithead.. and if i bring that, im gonna bring the manual so they'll know what's up.

Maybe if you just plug everything together and play some music they'll see.

Plus they'll be so blown away by the great sound they'll prolly refund your ticket price!
rs1smile.gif

Aug 11, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #26 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
Maybe if you just plug everything together and play some music they'll see.

Plus they'll be so blown away by the great sound they'll prolly refund your ticket price!
rs1smile.gif

Dude, they'll think you're arming a bomb. They won't let you.

Aug 11, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #27 of 106
As I said to a friend of mine, "Just show up naked with no luggage and you should be fine.
blink.gif

Aug 11, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #28 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1
As I said to a friend of mine, "Just show up naked with no luggage and you should be fine.
blink.gif

My father said. "Travel in just your underwear, and everything will be fine."

Aug 11, 2006 at 11:32 AM Post #29 of 106
frown.gif

Oh man, I spent lots of money on ETY ER-4's, a Xin SuperMacro IV and a 100GB Archos AV500 (
etysmile.gif
) specifically, pretty much exlusively, for the 100 hours of USA / UK air travel (incl. honeymoon) I have coming up later this year. Would have made different decisions if I knew I couldn't use it on board. Going to be pretty bummed if I can't, don't know how I will react if anythings confiscated.

I have travelled an awfull lot and really, truly hate flying with a passion. Not scared, it's just the whole experience. I'm tall, have had major leg / knee injuries, can't sleep with any noise / distractions, always get very sick afterwards (sinus, lung probs.) etc. This set up is what I needed to fool myself into flying again.
tongue.gif

I'm going to get to airports early and ask if I can take the gear on board, if not I will pack and check it.

Any advice?
confused.gif

Aug 11, 2006 at 12:04 PM Post #30 of 106
my son with multiple disabilities uses a canine assistant dog. Dog has a backpack on him with appropriate labels certifying him as an assistant dog.

We are CONSTANTLY checked at major vacaton destinations like the parks at Disney and they go thru my son's backpack on the back of his wheelchair yet simply ignore the dog's backpack

Maybe an 80 lb lab retriever doesn't fit the fed's profile? Maybe a 14 yr old in a wheelchair does???

Go figure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back