Weiss Engineering DAC50x (DAC501 and DAC502) Review
Dec 23, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #61 of 422
Here is a good explanation of the new 4Ch DACs from Weiss Engineering's Asia focused website, called Asia Weiss.

https://www.asiaweiss.com/hifi-products/dac502-mk2-4ch/
Weiss offers an upgrade from standard 50x to the new 4Ch version. I got this upgrade yesterday and I am very pleased by the further refinement in all relevant sonic aspects, transparency, precision especially in bass, better localization of individual instruments on stage etc. and the 4Ch applications yet to come.

Highly recommended👍

Jan 6, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #65 of 422
I too prefer to pay for better sound. With this DAC I get it in spades. Forty years of engineering distilled down into the current generation of DACs. It's a beautiful thing.

Have you heard these products before? Clearly the positive reviews are testimonials to its superior sound.

Jan 6, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #66 of 422
I too prefer to pay for better sound. With this DAC I get it in spades. Forty years of engineering distilled down into the current generation of DACs. It's a beautiful thing. Have you heard these products before? Clearly the positive reviews are testimonials to its superior sound.

Yes DACs have come along way, all modern well designed DACs should have exceptional measurements and sound to match, beyond our hearing abilities.

Jan 6, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #67 of 422
It's a lot of money to pay for a Sabre based DAC. I normally wouldn't touch ESS with a barge pole, but wouldn't mind having a listen to one to find out if the hype is real.

Jan 6, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #68 of 422
It's a lot of money to pay for a Sabre based DAC. I normally wouldn't touch ESS with a barge pole, but wouldn't mind having a listen to one to find out if the hype is real.

I get it.

I think Warren Chi hits the nail on the head when he says(in an earlier post, in this thread) he doesn't think it sounds like a Sabre DAC.

The wonderful thing about auditions is that they are free. Even a modest entry fee into a CanJam opens the doors to get your hands and ears on tons of gear.

Jan 6, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #69 of 422
I get it.

I think Warren Chi hits the nail on the head when he says(in an earlier post, in this thread) he doesn't think it sounds like a Sabre DAC.

The wonderful thing about auditions is that they are free. Even a modest entry fee into a CanJam opens the doors to get your hands and ears on tons of gear.

And I absolutely will take advantage this year; great suggestion.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #70 of 422
The problem with CanJam from a source perspective is there aren’t any high end units present. You will not find Rossini, DV2, Klimax, Dac501, M1, MPD8 or the like at CanJam

Jan 7, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #71 of 422
Headphone user is not the target audience for extremely high end source.

Jan 7, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #72 of 422
The internal doesn’t look fancy at all but the photographer has tried his best to make it as neat as it could be. Definitely not the selling point
The problem with CanJam from a source perspective is there aren’t any high end units present. You will not find Rossini, DV2, Klimax, Dac501, M1, MPD8 or the like at CanJam
Hard agree!

The bigger problem might be some systems there are just temporarily made up with the components mostly provided by the sponsors there.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #73 of 422
The internal doesn’t look fancy at all but the photographer has tried his best to make it as neat as it could be. Definitely not the selling point

Hard agree! except M1 doesn’t count as high end source:)

The bigger problem is the system there are just temporarily created by the ones mostly provided by the sponsors there.
Isn’t M1 like $11k? I suppose it’s on the cusp of high end. It definitely plays like high end.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back