weight gainer
Jul 26, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #61 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges
doctor appointment at 3:45 p.m. wednesday

This is definitely the right step.

If you haven't done so in the past, just be honest with the doctor. If he/she isn't too helpful, keep trying different doctors until you find someone that will listen and help you.

Jul 27, 2005 at 12:30 PM Post #62 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges
good luck on the alcohol stuff mike, i know its hard but you can do it. just remember, its for your own benefit and your body will thank you in the long run and youll be around longer so we can piss each other off for a long time on this forum!

Cheers Paul,

I'm three days into it now and actually feeling very good although a little bit zapped but that may be down to the 50mg chlordiazepoxide 4 x daily but that tapers down to 35mg 4 x daily as from tomorrow and gradually will be cut down to nothing by the middle of next week.

One thing I have already noticed is I am eating three times as much as I was when I was drinking, my hearing has improved (yeh, I found this VERY odd but everything sounds so much clearer now, probably my perception of the sound is more natural devoid of the alcohol in the body) my "waterworks" are back to normal, blood pressure is falling and basically everything across the board seems to be getting back to normal. I know it's early days but It's amazing just how fast the body can function as normal once the alcohol is removed from the system... and all this just after three days!

The two guys who have been visiting me twice a day have been absolutely superb offering not only encouragement but also good practical advice. I normally don't give a **** for some of these so called experts but these dudes have been there themselves and are a hell of a lot more help than someone straight out of university with a medical degree who offer advice from a textbook written by someone who has no idea of what It's like to have an addiction.

Anyway Paul, I don't want to hijack your thread but just thought I'd pop my head in to say hello and let you know that my appetite is improving daily and that bad is turning to good, I know It's very early days and the hard part begins once the medication stops but so far so good!

Hope you soon start putting the weight back on Paul.

All the best.

Mike.

Jul 27, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #63 of 65
Pink, bro, that's awesome, way to go man.

I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better. That's way cool about hearing better. It must be time for audio upgrades!
biggrin.gif

Maybe take up jogging. You'll be amazed at how that will increase your appetite and energy.

All the best.

Jul 28, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #64 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
How, pray tell, does one make milk from almonds? Last I checked they're mostly oil
confused.gif
That would be a potent source of protein, though, I imagine...

Congratulations. You're the first vegan bodybuilder I've met. That's saying something, living in Asheville.

Stephonovich,

This is the recipe that I use. You'll need to invest in a fine wire mesh strainer if you don't already have one.

All-Natural Almond Milk

1 1/2 cups of raw almonds, soaked in water overnight
4 cups of filtered or spring water
3-5 dates (optional)

Blend 1 ½ cups of raw almonds that have been soaked overnight in 4 cups of water. Blend with dates if you like your milk with a hint of sweetness. Strain once to remove almond granules. The result is a delicious, creamy milk that is free of harmful vegetable oil, concentrated sweeteners, and the problems associated with cow’s milk and soy. It can be stored safely for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.

About being vegan, you wouldn't believe how many people at the gym think I'm lying to them when I tell them this. They see me making gains and they can't understand how I could be doing it without any animal sources. I had one guy the other day tell me that I'll never reach my "full potential", whatever that may be, without having red meat in my diet. He then went on to quiz me about diet and such and then finalized the discussion with this question.

"Do you know what meat source has the most abundant and absorbable components for humans?"

I guessed fish and he came back with human flesh.
eek.gif

This is the protein I use to make shakes with and it's awesome.

http://www.veganessentials.com/catal...-22-lb-jug.htm

I buy it from this site though because their prices are better.

http://www.pvnutrition.com/pureadvan...%20and%20Vegan

Jul 28, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #65 of 65
Well, I have a simple question.

I just began weight training about a month ago, thought not that serious.

The problem is that my tummy is bigger than my chest, my chest is around 31cm while the stomach is around 34cm.

I'm not sure as to first gain weight/mass or to lose the tummy fat first. I've been told to go on an eating binge to gain alot of weight, which I know would result in a bigger tummy, no?

Or should I try to get some abs before I start gaining weight and pump iron hard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back