We got ljokerl a UM Miracle!
Jan 10, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #32 of 232
I will disclose my paypal account via PM/email to those that will be donating when there are enough people to cover the payment of the custom. I'm not accepting payments now for reasons I stated in either the first post or the one on payments since it's not needed. There will be more info when payments are going to be made.

I am not requiring ljokerl to write a review but I know he will definitely do one. He's not going to accept a custom iem as a gift without giving something back.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #34 of 232

Quote:
I'm in for 10! Can we have more details on which account to pay to and when to do so? And of course joker has gotta be doing a review of these right?

While I know joker said that he will feel bad for not doing a review of a gift from Head-Fi... I'll still much rather think this gift as a thank you for all his work and that a review is not an obligation. We aren't buying this because we want a review, we are buying this because we want to say thank you.

Anyway, I am very willing to donate $30. Maybe more if I get a raise (haha, wishful thinking there!)

I have my vote on the UM Miracle.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #35 of 232
Haha its more of a rhetorical question for me. Of course its mainly a thank you gesture, not me wanting more reviews :)

Quote:
Quote:
I'm in for 10! Can we have more details on which account to pay to and when to do so? And of course joker has gotta be doing a review of these right?

While I know joker said that he will feel bad for not doing a review of a gift from Head-Fi... I'll still much rather think this gift as a thank you for all his work and that a review is not an obligation. We aren't buying this because we want a review, we are buying this because we want to say thank you.

Anyway, I am very willing to donate $30. Maybe more if I get a raise (haha, wishful thinking there!)

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #36 of 232

Quote:
Haha its more of a rhetorical question for me. Of course its mainly a thank you gesture, not me wanting more reviews :)

Heh, I wasn't really referring to you, it was just that you made the latest mention about reviews. I was just getting slightly fussed over how people kept mentioning about reviews though.
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #37 of 232
Yea, I think I stressed the review the most but it was mostly to get people interested in it.  After all if you want something done especially of this matter, then you have to appeal to every area of interest.

We're about 1/3rd of the way so far guys so lets keep going! 

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #38 of 232

Quote:
Yea, I think I stressed the review the most but it was mostly to get people interested in it.  After all if you want something done especially of this matter, then you have to appeal to every area of interest.

We're about 1/3rd of the way so far guys so lets keep going! 

True and I get where you are coming from. I just didn't want our main take-home message as "joker, you gotta review these when you get them!"
tongue.gif

though it is an entirely different matter if he feels guilty about getting such an expensive gift and felt like it is his obligation to review...

Haha, I joke.
redface.gif

Anyway, yeah, joker, when you get these, make sure you enjoy them thoroughly first. Reviewing it can come later.
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #39 of 232
I'm in for 10!  FYI I think he liked my impressions of the IERM more than the ES5.  Being the CK10 guy he is.  
wink_face.gif

EDIT - Voting for UM Miracle.  Originally voted IERM in the poll, changed my mind.

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #40 of 232
I'm in for $10 - Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors

up to $50 if not enough people

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #41 of 232
In for $10

My vote is for the UM Miracle

I wish I could send more, money is a bit tight now. Joker has saved me hundreds with his reviews. I have a couple of IEMs that he thought were just OK. But because of his fantastic description of the sound, I knew I would like them.

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #43 of 232
It looks like things are shaping up nicely here.We've got around 40% or so depending on what the final price will be.

Also I ask that those who are not donating to not vote on the poll. As of right now there are 30 people donating but 42 votes. It is not fair to those who are donating. I kinda wish it was possible to see who voted for what like in the old head-fi so this wouldn't be an issue.

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #44 of 232
whats the totaly now? I will donate if I can...I has the no moneys right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back