We are upgrading HE series headphones' replaceable earpads.
Jun 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 188

Nankai

Sponsor: HiFiMAN
Our engineers tried to work with our earpad vendors to provide earpads in a much better quality. We have finished the design, and will try to make several different samples very soon. This process will take about 4 to 8 weeks, and will get two finished product (leather version and cloth version). As soon as we finished, we will release them at our website. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jun 9, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 188
Very cool. I wonder how the leather will affect the sound..

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #5 of 188
This sounds great. I have tried to contact jmoney about them making some but have had no answer

Jun 10, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #7 of 188
Will you consider making them a bit thicker/deeper than the stock ones ?
Especially the ones on the HE-500 are so shallow that my ears are actually touching the driver protection.

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #8 of 188
I dont mind my ears resting on the driver covers, so long as their is some padding in between. If they sound best with Grado comfies...

I just broke the clips on one of my pads the other day and so am using the spare. Unfortunately, the spare looks atleast 25% wider than the stock, so they do not match (This is not due to break-in. I noticed when first received package). I had emailed Head-Direct about ordering a new set, but I guess now I will just hold off for the new versions, especially leather. 

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #10 of 188
The clips on this loaner are broke and really this pad needs an upgrade as one fell off looked and clips were broken so one user removed these and they were never put back right. This is a good move and hopefully the new pads will be better than these and hopefully the people who purchased the headphones get a replacement pair.

Jun 10, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #11 of 188

Quote:
I dont mind my ears resting on the driver covers, so long as their is some padding in between. If they sound best with Grado comfies...

I just broke the clips on one of my pads the other day and so am using the spare. Unfortunately, the spare looks atleast 25% wider than the stock, so they do not match (This is not due to break-in. I noticed when first received package). I had emailed Head-Direct about ordering a new set, but I guess now I will just hold off for the new versions, especially leather. 

The moral here is do not remove the pads. these are poor quality and IMO the clips are all going to break. The question I have is even the new designed pads may still be an issue with break clips. The way I see it this can be a issue with how the headphone is designed. Fortunately I do not ever mess with my pads on my headphones but someone took these off and frankly they are not on now properly because the clips are broken and the replacement pad was also abused. Loaners get beat up and that is sad in itself. The headphone sounds excellent and I am sure Fang will get this issue resolved with the pads. I do not for one see why someone borrowing a headphone they do not own would start taking them apart to begin with but someone helped these pads get the way they are on this Loaner

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #13 of 188
Frank, I agree it is sad that people start messing up loaner units and end up damaging them. An accident can happen to any of us but to purposely "tweaking" with something you do not own ... 
mad.gif

Jun 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #15 of 188
Thicker pads would be nice.  My ears (barely) touch the covers over the drivers when wearing the HE-500.  The HE-6 has the same problem, maybe worse, IMO.  During the winter the heated air in my house becomes very dry.  When listening to the HE-6, my ears would get static electric shocks when I moved around in my cloth chair.  Ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back