Watching the Watchmen...
Feb 27, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #31 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So maybe they'd look better with eyes 800x too large for their head. Yeah. Cuz that's better.

I'm glad you agree, I was worried people might not understand where I was coming from.
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #32 of 77
Quote:

I have been waiting on a cheap Blu-Ray player, or for a movie that I am simply compelled to own - that way I am forced to buy a player (PS3 preferably)

You apparently missed the Blade Runner: Final Cut release.

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #33 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
honestly speaking...movie industry is kinda cold these days...there isnt any movie persuading me to get out of my house and go to a theatre.

dont know about u guys..but i have started watching Sitcoms...and catching up some old movies i didnt see.

since Ironman & Dark Knight...everything looks lame.

I think the main issue is with a good set-up (especially a front projection set-up), home theater's are looking better on most occasions then actual cinemas. If I do go to see a film in the next few months it'll be watchmen, but that is a fairly big if. I shall deffinatly be renting the blu ray if I don't see it in cinemas though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #34 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to see it, but I am really angry about the ending. There is no reason to change it.

I loved the comic book as well, but I'm afraid there wasn't much Zach Snyder could do. The movie would have been some 3 1/2+ hrs long if he had followed the graphic novel any more closely.

I have faith they pulled it off, I'm just hoping Zach didn't go overboard in the slow motion department. I'm definitely watching it either way.

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #35 of 77
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!11 111

I CANNOT WAIT SEVEN DAYS AHHHHH!!!!!

Btw a three hour plus directors cut is planned for release on disc formats... and some theaters. So do not think that the theatrical cut is the end all be all.

Mar 6, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #39 of 77
guys a question..

i havent read the novel..basically not a fan.

.....will i still understand story and enjoy the movie like 300 ?

Mar 6, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #40 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEr1c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone should do themselves a favor and catch it on an imax screen. This is one of those movies where it will be well worth it.

It will be worth it for the superior sound quality, but it won't impress on the same level as "The Dark Knight" since none of the film was actually shot in IMAX.

Mar 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #41 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guys a question..

i havent read the novel..basically not a fan.

.....will i still understand story and enjoy the movie like 300 ?

Saw it last night. While I thought it was awesome, it DID NOT cater to people who have not read the novel. It was basically just moving versions of the panels in the book, but they took out much of the filler that helped the overall story to make sense. I would say that you should just take 2 days and read the book. It will be worth it.

Mar 6, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #42 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saw it last night. While I thought it was awesome, it DID NOT cater to people who have not read the novel. It was basically just moving versions of the panels in the book, but they took out much of the filler that helped the overall story to make sense. I would say that you should just take 2 days and read the book. It will be worth it.

Oh peanuts...I have about two hours to read it before I go see the movie.
redface.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #43 of 77
Saw it. You do not need to read the series at all before watching.
Many little comments; I got.
  1. They didn't hold back with the length of the movie.
  2. Heck. They were trying to lengthen it more; with sex that is. "sex sells!".
  3. The sex is not cute like fluffy bunnies doing it. But more like watching some horny moaning kangaroos; going at it.
  4. Hard to pull off the multiple character theme. And yet...
  5. Rorschach is the 'wolverine' of watchmen. And yet just the right amount of him at the same time.
  6. Really that was the only solution you could think of to deal with him?
  7. Seeing as too how old this comic is. The way the world united obviously had influence on the recent hit anime Code Geass.
  8. Too much propaganda; though that is probably unavoidable for this movie.
  9. Veidt is kept very simple. Probably to keep us ignorant too.
  10. If I was to judge, though the story's propaganda is probably telling me not to do so, is John as the biggest villain. For he tried to brake the paradigmal balance/relatives, by pushing his opinion upon Rorschach the way he did. Though the balance was still maintained due to Rorschach's good thinking.

Mar 7, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #44 of 77
I saw it last night. I have read the book, as well.

I have to say it's the best adaptation of a novel I have ever seen. This blows Sin City and even The Godfather out of the water. No, I'm not saying that it's a better movie than The Godfather (but it is better than Sin City); I'm saying it's the best translation from book to screen I've ever seen.

Even more, this is the best movie I've seen in a number of years. In my mind, this is better than The Dark Knight by a mile.

Go see it in the theater if you're at all on the fence. The reviews are quite polarized and I can understand why but I'm definitely in the 'Four Stars' camp.

One warning, though. It is one of the most graphic films (in terms of both sex and violence) I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of gory movies). The "R" rating is well deserved.

Mar 7, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #45 of 77
saw it yesterday
Some of the sex scene and nudity felt forced. As infoseeker stated, "sex sells"

overall plot was good, never read the original comic, and don't really need to in order to understand what the movie is about.

YES, it is a FREAKING LONG MOVIE

I really like the character development in th movie. not your typical super hero comic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back