Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jul 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #2,131 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and also, when the beautiful local island maid says, "meet me in room #226 at 3 a.m." (hypothetically speaking, of course
redface.gif
)

A man can dream, a man can dream.

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #2,132 of 14,285
Right now I am currently looking for a new watch.

I am looking to spend 5-7k list price and I cannot decide what kind I want. I really like the Ulysse Nardin my father just got but I do not want the same watch.

What I am looking for is Silver in color, and prefferably a big face. Also a Black or Silver face with a a normal, non-leather band.

I do like Breitlings and are considering them. I just thought I would get some opinions here first.

I have become especially fond of this one:

jomashop_2007_414683709

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #2,133 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am looking to spend 5-7k list price and I cannot decide what kind I want. I really like the Ulysse Nardin my father just got but I do not want the same watch.

What I am looking for is Silver in color, and prefferably a big face. Also a Black or Silver face with a a normal, non-leather band.

I do like Breitlings and are considering them. I just thought I would get some opinions here first.

I have become especially fond of this one:

jomashop_2007_414683709

Panerai. Look no further. Simplistic and beautiful.

Jul 17, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #2,135 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've always been a big fan of the Omega Speedmaster Professional. It's the same watch (more or less) that went to the Moon!

jomashop_2010_5319080

It is manual wind, though, if that puts you off.

While you are looking for a watch with a bracelet, I personally think the JLC Reverso looks better on leather (it is available with a bracelet). It's a pure classic watch and is within your price range depending on the model.

jomashop_2007_99712160

To be honest, I'm not a big Panerai fan. I think they are way overpriced. Again, just my opinion.

Jul 17, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #2,136 of 14,285
Does anybody have an opinion on the Amazon Gold box deal that's running right now? A titanium Tissot for $360? Seem pretty nice for the money. My ESQ is starting to get pretty old and beat up. I've had it since Nov, 2000. Might be time for an upgrade.

Jul 17, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #2,137 of 14,285
I'm in the market for a new watch. I was wondering if you guys and gals could help me out!

1. Men's
2. Waterproof (I never take my watches off or else I loose them :sigh
smily_headphones1.gif

3. Analog
4. Very comfy band. I'd be willing to buy a different one and replace the stock one.
5. I'd really like it to be clear/transparent/see through so you can look into the gears and all the neat stuff inside the watch.
6. No more than $200-300.
7. Not too flashy.

I know that's a lot of details, but hopefully a watch exists that meets my "needs"
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #2,138 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve The Egg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in the market for a new watch. I was wondering if you guys and gals could help me out!

1. Men's
smily_headphones1.gif

3. Analog
4. Very comfy band. I'd be willing to buy a different one and replace the stock one.
5. I'd really like it to be clear/transparent/see through so you can look into the gears and all the neat stuff inside the watch.
7. Not too flashy.

I know that's a lot of details, but hopefully a watch exists that meets my "needs"
wink.gif

Everything but #5 (which will likely blow your budget): Seiko Black Monster on bracelet. Comfy comfy comfy. Lume for days. Great watch.

Jul 17, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #2,139 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve The Egg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. Men's
smily_headphones1.gif

3. Analog
7. Not too flashy.

wink.gif

There are a handful of Kenneth Cole Reaction models that might meet all of your needs:

Roman numeral watch at Kenneth Cole Official Site

Roman numeral watch at Kenneth Cole Official Site

Stainless steel case watch at Kenneth Cole Official Site

http://www.kennethcole.com/product/i...entPage=family

http://www.kennethcole.com/product/i...entPage=family

My parents bought me a different Kenneth Cole Reaction watch and I haven't really had a chance to wear it much, but I did get to wear if for a few days and it was rather nice and comfortable too. Automatic as well which was a big plus for me. I still prefer my Seiko Kinetic and my Titan Edge but the Kenneth Cole's are reasonably good day to day wearers on a budget IMO.

Jul 20, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #2,142 of 14,285
Was trying to source the Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono in Rose Gold, but could not find under my budget (<$800). So when I ran into this watch for $800, I couldn't pass it up. Here are some pics:

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

Jul 20, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #2,143 of 14,285
Just received this watch too this week. Wore it once and realized that after owning a Panerai and a Breitling, that a normal size watch is not for me. So it's going go up for sale soon. Absolutely stunning and gorgeous, just needs to be 2mm bigger for me.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

Watch it in action
http://www.youtube.comwatchv=pMQBUn5Sc-0

Jul 20, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #2,144 of 14,285
How do you watch guru's keep your watch face from getting scratched?

Jul 20, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #2,145 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you watch guru's keep your watch face from getting scratched?

Sapphire crystal. One of the hardest substances on earth. Just keep it away from diamonds, and you don't have to worry about any scratches
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back