Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jul 20, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #2,146 of 14,292
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog5145 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was trying to source the Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono in Rose Gold, but could not find under my budget (<$800). So when I ran into this watch for $800, I couldn't pass it up. Here are some pics:

I think you made the better choice. The Jazzmasters are nice but the Khakis are veruh nice-a!

Jul 20, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #2,147 of 14,292
Quote:

Sapphire crystal. One of the hardest substances on earth. Just keep it away from diamonds, and you don't have to worry about any scratches
cool.gif

Well, I mean if I have a watch that isn't as scratch resistent. I just have a functional watch that I paid $150 for. Is there some type clear screen I can put on it(that doesn't look as cheesy as the ones on them in the stores)?

Jul 20, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #2,148 of 14,292
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you made the better choice. The Jazzmasters are nice but the Khakis are veruh nice-a!

I wanted a more classy and dressy watch. That's why I was gunning for the Jazzmaster. I might end up with a Jazzmaster Viewmatic to fullfill that need. Can get one used for under $300.

Jul 20, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #2,149 of 14,292
Quote:

Sapphire crystal. One of the hardest substances on earth. Just keep it away from diamonds, and you don't have to worry about any scratches
cool.gif

+1

It is more expensive, but it works better
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #2,150 of 14,292
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I mean if I have a watch that isn't as scratch resistent. I just have a functional watch that I paid $150 for. Is there some type clear screen I can put on it(that doesn't look as cheesy as the ones on them in the stores)?

I'd probably think, as you can get watch faces coated in Sapphire Crystal that there is probablly some sort of spray available? Ask in a jewellers.

Buying a piece of Sapphire Crystal isn't worth it for a $150 watch...you're right.

I think the Sapphire Crystal face is very likely my favourite part of my TAG.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #2,151 of 14,292
This is the watch I wear 24/7.

3001_lg.jpg

The best watch I have ever owned I wouldn't trade it for anything.

If I could I would wear my original Pulsar, but alas it needs repair and almost nobody fixes them anymore.

Jul 21, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #2,152 of 14,292
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd probably think, as you can get watch faces coated in Sapphire Crystal that there is probablly some sort of spray available? Ask in a jewellers.

Buying a piece of Sapphire Crystal isn't worth it for a $150 watch...you're right.

I think the Sapphire Crystal face is very likely my favourite part of my TAG.
smily_headphones1.gif

I pretty much avoid mineral crystals or acrylic nowadays. Either Hardlex, Sapphlex or sapphire for me.

I don't think there is such a spray version available... just be careful of what you bang your watch face into.

Otherwise you can just think of it as 'wabi'!

Jul 21, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #2,157 of 14,292
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have once again changed my order. Two more months of wait due to this. Worth it? I think so...

2625615141_e596d5d62c_o.jpg

Those are "blue" hands, right?

Which one were you ordering before?

Jul 21, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #2,160 of 14,292
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was ordering this one (same but with non-roman numbers... in a not as nice font):

I think I like the Roman version better.... only because I don't have one.....
wink.gif

USG

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back