Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jul 21, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #2,161 of 14,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was ordering this one (same but with non-roman numbers... in a not as nice font):

1160843498-4472.jpg

I owned the Stowa Marine Original about a year or so ago. It is a beautiful watch in person.

Jul 21, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #2,162 of 14,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a good looking Hamilton X-Wind, it goes well with the strap. $800 for a brand new one in rose gold ?

Got it used. 6 months old so still got 18 months of warranty left.

Jul 22, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #2,164 of 14,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was ordering this one (same but with non-roman numbers... in a not as nice font):

1160843498-4472.jpg

I'm very sorry because I know it's not the most polite thing to do but I like the version with the hindu-arabic numerals better.
frown.gif

Sorry!
redface.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #2,165 of 14,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very sorry because I know it's not the most polite thing to do but I like the version with the hindu-arabic numerals better.
frown.gif

Sorry!
redface.gif

This watch is a BEAUT. Very very nice. Now *that's* a dress watch.

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #2,166 of 14,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I owned the Stowa Marine Original about a year or so ago. It is a beautiful watch in person.

Now that's a beautiful watch. A Movado has been at the top of my list to buy whenever I have enough spare money for a dress watch, but I think it has a serious contender now as to which I buy first. There's a very understated elegance to that I like.

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #2,167 of 14,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Sorry!
redface.gif

It is all a matter of taste, I said I preferred the roman numerals while another member had one with the 1,2,etc numerals. To each their own, how boring would it be if everyone had the same watch!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #2,170 of 14,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The legendary Submariner. The price has increased. It's too late for me now.

i remember when i bought mine in 1996 - it was $2500.
m not sure how much it is now. i have not checked it out.

btw these suckers needs to be cleaned once in a while when u use it in water a lot and its a lot to pay for cleaning .

Jul 24, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #2,172 of 14,305
Do people actually use the Submariners for things like SCUBA diving? I'm a diver myself, and a $6000 Rolex could buy me an entire setup including dive computer, and a few spare tanks to boot.

Can't imagine that salt water would be good for something like that, though.

Jul 24, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #2,173 of 14,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do people actually use the Submariners for things like SCUBA diving? I'm a diver myself, and a $6000 Rolex could buy me an entire setup including dive computer, and a few spare tanks to boot.

Can't imagine that salt water would be good for something like that, though.

This is what I wear:
Amazon.com: Invicta Men's Pro Diver Collection Automatic Watch #8926: Invicta: Watches

and this is what it compares to:
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Rolex%20...dvBHNlYwNyZWNv

Save some money and spend it on other toys
tongue.gif
unless you're able to afford the real thing hehe

Jul 24, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #2,174 of 14,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by david21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what I wear:
Amazon.com: Invicta Men's Pro Diver Collection Automatic Watch #8926: Invicta: Watches

and this is what it compares to:
Rolex Submariner Date 16610 Men's Casual Watches - Yahoo! Shopping

Save some money and spend it on other toys
tongue.gif
unless you're able to afford the real thing hehe

I couldn't imagine personally wearing a watch while diving (especially with the functionality of modern dive computers), but I wasn't sure if some of the more moneyed divers out there (maybe the ones who own their own dive boats, heh) wore them in the water, too.

I'll never spend more than $400 on a watch myself, as I only wear them on formal situations and those are pretty rare for me. Not that I could afford a Rolex, anyway
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back