Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jul 5, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #2,101 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark.s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Inspired by this very thread, I bought a Citizen Nighthawk (All black, european edition with promaster back)
Nighthawk1.JPG

Nighthawk2.JPG

i dont even wear watches..but this one looks nice..seriously considering getting one..thing is nice

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #2,102 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont even wear watches..but this one looks nice..seriously considering getting one..thing is nice

Uh... it reminds me of a roulette wheel, with the alternating red/black/white color scheme on that 24-hour section.

Jul 5, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #2,104 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly how I felt when I first saw it here on head-fi
wink.gif
It's a really nice watch, with a nice 'quality-feel' and the size is just perfect (on my wrist atleast)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #2,106 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been on the fence about getting a Nighthawk. I wish it had a sapphire crystal though. I like the blue lume also
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, lack of sapphire glass is a serious negative in my book, and I now try to buy "all" watches with a sapphire glass - they definitely stand up to tough use.

On my part, I finally decided to order a Stowa for myself. I placed an order for the Antea creme with the brown leatherstrap. It is tough to buy now with the Europe vs. dollar the way it is, but for roughly $550 (including shipping) I got a very nice dress watch with sapphire glass and a nice automatic movement to wear for customer presentations and special events/moments
wink.gif

I will post pictures in 6-8 weeks when I get the watch
biggrin.gif

Will

Jul 7, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #2,108 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, lack of sapphire glass is a serious negative in my book, and I now try to buy "all" watches with a sapphire glass - they definitely stand up to tough use.

On my part, I finally decided to order a Stowa for myself. I placed an order for the Antea creme with the brown leatherstrap. It is tough to buy now with the Europe vs. dollar the way it is, but for roughly $550 (including shipping) I got a very nice dress watch with sapphire glass and a nice automatic movement to wear for customer presentations and special events/moments
wink.gif

I will post pictures in 6-8 weeks when I get the watch
biggrin.gif

Will

I think that batch went out last week for shipping
frown.gif

Jul 7, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #2,109 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that batch went out last week for shipping
frown.gif

What do you mean? I am not following you here ...
confused.gif

Jul 7, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #2,110 of 14,275
I got a new watch, this isn't my picture because the watch is at the jewelers for a week or so while they order new links.

us27c.jpg

Jul 7, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #2,111 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been on the fence about getting a Nighthawk. I wish it had a sapphire crystal though. I like the blue lume also
smily_headphones1.gif

I've only been using my Nighthawk for 14 days, but it doesn't have a single scratch yet
wink.gif
The face is hardlex crystal, which shuld be right after sapphire in terms of scratch resistance.

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #2,112 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark.s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've only been using my Nighthawk for 14 days, but it doesn't have a single scratch yet
wink.gif
The face is hardlex crystal, which shuld be right after sapphire in terms of scratch resistance.

Ive had my Nighthawk for about 3 months now, I use it as my work watch + im an engineer, with no damage or marks yet :wink:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/kennithg_photo/watches3.jpg[/IMG]]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back