Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 20, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #2,057 of 14,275
"I need to get a new watch, so hopefully you guys don't mind if I ask here.
I'm looking for something under 200, maybe under 300 if it's nice. I have some swatch right now that I got as a gift, but I had to take it off when I wore somthing a bit more elegant because it was really flashy (it's bright orange). So I'm basically looking for something solid, reliable, with basic functions (date, etc), that will look good in casual wear (I'm 15, so I usually dress pretty casually) but won't look bad if I dress up a bit. hopefully that made sense..
Oh, and I don't want something too bulky...something medium-sized and fairly simple should do.

Thanks"

anyone else?
oh...and i'd prefer something with a leather strap

thanks

Jun 20, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #2,058 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Your father gave you his best watch, in my opinion. Beautiful!

Yes but it would be much more beautiful its was the OmegaIIs with amp =[.

Jun 20, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #2,059 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by gallardo88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I need to get a new watch, so hopefully you guys don't mind if I ask here.
I'm looking for something under 200, maybe under 300 if it's nice. I have some swatch right now that I got as a gift, but I had to take it off when I wore somthing a bit more elegant because it was really flashy (it's bright orange). So I'm basically looking for something solid, reliable, with basic functions (date, etc), that will look good in casual wear (I'm 15, so I usually dress pretty casually) but won't look bad if I dress up a bit. hopefully that made sense..
Oh, and I don't want something too bulky...something medium-sized and fairly simple should do.

Thanks"

anyone else?
oh...and i'd prefer something with a leather strap

thanks

Seiko. All kinds of awesomeness in that price range, and a ton to choose from.

Jun 20, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #2,062 of 14,275
Do you do private work? Can you work on my early 60's 5512? I need a new back. For some reason it has a 5513 back. And there is a little oil on the dial. And maybe I'd like the dome plastic crystal replaced. Do you have any of those?

Jun 20, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #2,063 of 14,275
I just got an Oris Artelier Complication as a gift.
Check it out, I can't stop looking at it.

headfi002.jpg

headfi003.jpg

headfi001.jpg

I know its not super high end like some of the other watches on here, but as my first watch over $100, it is the coolest thing ever! My favorite thing about it is the crocodile leather strap with metal clip.

Jun 20, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #2,064 of 14,275
One day I would like to get a Cartier Pasha timepiece. I am not in the position to be able to purchase one freely (I can afford to buy one but it would cause undue strain). I like most all of their Pasha range, including:

Pasha XL Seatimer...
cartiersea.JPG.jpg

...Pasha de Cartier Chrono...
W31030H3.jpg

...and even the slightly ostentacious Pasha Seatimer Chronograph Ceramic & Gold
seatimercjpg.jpg

Jun 20, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #2,065 of 14,275
I am not a fan of gold, but that last one is beautiful.

To be honest, I actually want a Rolex. I have had my eye on this thing for a while now. It is probably my favorite watch with gold.

4IMG_9282.jpg

Jun 20, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #2,069 of 14,275
Inspired by this very thread, I bought a Citizen Nighthawk (All black, european edition with promaster back)
Nighthawk1.JPG

Nighthawk2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back