Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Aug 20, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #991 of 14,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by zancxia
Thanks!
cool.gif

jerb, that watch is too geeky (11:30)
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

I remember thinking about buying one, maybe I still will!

Aug 20, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #993 of 14,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogewo
The sides of the octogonal bezel thing look a little rounded, whereas I thought it was always cut sharp and straight. Sure that's not a replica?

I got it brand new from a reseller with papers. Plus I have a older RO in gold so I should have been be able to spot if it was a fake.

Aug 21, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #999 of 14,284
Here's the quartz Invicta I have that actually works. I'd love an auto, but have no idea which brands make an affordable auto that has the same build quality as the men's.

3182.jpg

And the cool Nixon Isis

p-A504!691.jpg

And what I might just get if there's no such thing as a good budget auto that works in a female size:

The Nixon Starlet

SLWH.jpg

Aug 21, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #1,000 of 14,284
Update: Is Orient still well respected in WIS circles, if a bit unknown? I know where to get ladies autos, and they do make their own movements. I already have two watches that "pop" and are geek cool. It could be an excuse to get something dressier.
wink.gif

Aug 21, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #1,001 of 14,284
Picked up this recently, planning on getting the black version of this next.

342XLTTM.jpg

Aug 21, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #1,003 of 14,284
Haven't had problems with it once it's sized properly. I've heard some people had problems with the band pulling hair but haven't encountered that yet. I like it a lot, I decided to find a watch that I couldn't feel on my wrist for work wear instead of the G-shocks I normally wear, and this is working out very nicely. With my G-shocks the first thing I do when I get to my work desk is take off the watch.
rolleyes.gif
I was convinced to get the Skagen after seeing a few in person, I thought they'd be really puny but the face is a lot bigger than I expected, particularly this 342 model. Only thing I'm worried about is possible quality problems down the line, there's been quite a few stories of its hands and markers just suddenly falling off inside the case and whatnot.
blink.gif
So definitely buy from an authorized dealer in case you need to make use of the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back