Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 2, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #1,006 of 14,276
Well here is the bad boy I picked up in Vegas last Weekend.. Not much of a fan of Raymond Weil but when I seen him and tried him on I could not say no..
I always loved the mother of pearl face on a watch and I was looking for a "dress" watch at the time so..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...unoweil018.jpg

brunoweil003.jpg

brunoweil002.jpg

brunoweil001.jpg

here is the stock (company) photo..
raymond.jpg

My next watch will be either a Corum (love the lucifer watch they have),Baume & Mercier (Capland S is all me), Panerai, or another Tissot..
what kills me about the Raymond is I can not wear it to work cause I dont wanna Scratch it..so I put it on as soon as I get home everyday..lol

Sep 3, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #1,009 of 14,276
Sep 8, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #1,012 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Just picked up another watch today...

a Baume & Mercier Capland S automatic with white face and Chrono..

I bought it used at a price I could not pass up (way below their regular high mark up only so it can be marked down)...

Its so heavy I can pic up the camera to snap pics just yet, lol

good call bhd
smily_headphones1.gif
I love that watch

Sep 8, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #1,013 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangs55
good call bhd
smily_headphones1.gif
I love that watch

I always wanted one since I layed eyes on it last year, And with the new Raymond Weil I have I need something I can wear with jeans and is less flashly..but I wanted a huge chunk of steel on my wrist...so

I am so eyeing the Panerai and breitlings, kwarth and other owners of these peices are not helping me in any way...amazing looking watchs guys!

Sep 9, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #1,015 of 14,276
My collection keeps growing (up to 25 watches now) but here's my most recent and current favorite:
orion-sb2.jpg

That isn't my picture but better than what I could put together. It's a Nomos Orion with a saphire back to showcase the movement. Loving it

Sep 9, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #1,017 of 14,276
Expensive watches? I'd just break one
tongue.gif

I got this for refereeing soccer though

http://officialsports.com/det_1961.htm

It's pretty solid, and it has that all so important count down timer that I need as a ref.

Sep 9, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #1,018 of 14,276
Started out with Rolex GMT II masters, both broke, I was riding Harleys and playing drums back then so perhaps the percussion and vibration was too much. ( in the early 80's it wasn't cool to ride a hog, only outlaws and cops)
Went to Omega Seamaster Auto, not bad but needed service every 5 years.
Gave the Omega to oldest son ( if it's good enough for Bond it's good enough for him ) Currently wearing a Seko ( Japanese) navy boy dive watch with the pepsi bezel. It's inexpensive but tuff, keeps pretty good time too.
btbill ( new guy )
we are finite creatures looking for the infinite rush.......

Sep 9, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #1,019 of 14,276
I got this watch when I was in 7th grade (it's almost 30 years old)..at the time it was a ton of money..I would go to the jewelers everytime I got paid and give him some more of my money, till eventually I could take it home..

This watch was with me through my 8 year stint in the Navy, has traveled all over the world..It's been through countless batteries, been smacked around and generally abused...I can honestly say, "it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin," hehe.
38670112.jpg

Steve
05 st3
00 sv6fity

Sep 9, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #1,020 of 14,276
Got this one at the Navy Exchange in Brunswick, Maine around 1990 or so. Me and me wife (girlfriend at the time) saw it there and I fell in love with it. Unfortunately, it didn't stand up to my punishment very well..Quit working a few years ago..I wonder if it's worth fixing? Needs a new bezel and internal repairs...it runs on a battery although it looks vintage.
66569555.jpg

Steve
05 st3
00 sv6fity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back