Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Dec 27, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #11,926 of 14,272
Thanks and nice score yourself, my friend! Great "Prince" color scheme, and if you like the casing/fit/feel, you can go for the Bluetooth series. They've got like 15 different colors in that casing now!

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #11,927 of 14,272
Yeah, my 13 year old immediately said "that thing is huge" when I pulled it out of the can! With this size case maybe Casio could have a 16GB internal HD for music and I may never ever need a new DAP again
rolleyes.gif

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #11,928 of 14,272
  Awesome score Moe Daddy
biggrin.gif

Santa "G" hooked the Pod up this year, I'm calling it my Prince "G"
wink_face.gif

If I don't get back in here soon everyone have a Happy and safe New Years
beerchug.gif

Like that color combination a lot!
Pretty legible!

Yeah, my 13 year old immediately said "that thing is huge" when I pulled it out of the can! With this size case maybe Casio could have a 16GB internal HD for music and I may never ever need a new DAP again
rolleyes.gif

LOL!

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #11,929 of 14,272

Like that color combination a lot!
Pretty legible!

LOL!

THX @gelocks You did notice the rolling eyes on that last DAP statement eh
redface.gif

Well "G" Dawg, Pod is taking it one "G" at a time
wink_face.gif
I'm thinking everyone needs at least one white watch and this one has been staring at me recently
eek.gif

GA500-7A_xlarge.png
LOL GA500
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #11,930 of 14,272
The only thing I don't like about G-Shocks whites??? They really fade and turn yellowish very fast... I guess it depends on band material but, even taking care of them the bands just turn yuck.

A few pics from the latest I've bought:

Sinn B-Uhr 856

Bulova Moonwatch

Helgray TCD-01

Kind of "meh", will probably be my beater watch along with the G-shock.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #11,931 of 14,272

Quote:
  The only thing I don't like about G-Shocks whites??? They really fade and turn yellowish very fast... I guess it depends on band material but, even taking care of them the bands just turn yuck.

That's very true, but the best G-Shock white got to be the GBA-400-7, which is basically the Bluetooth version of their GA-400s.  What's so special about that white, and most from the GBA line, is that it has a pearlescent coating on it, making it looks very special.  It's a shame that the coating is very difficult to photograph, and most pics online doesn't show it.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #11,932 of 14,272

Eco Drive Bullhead from Singapore

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #11,933 of 14,272
  That's very true, but the best G-Shock white got to be the GBA-400-7, which is basically the Bluetooth version of their GA-400s.  What's so special about that white, and most from the GBA line, is that it has a pearlescent coating on it, making it looks very special.  It's a shame that the coating is very difficult to photograph, and most pics online doesn't show it.

THX Guys, that will sure affect my buying now! Absolutely love those Sinn's gelocks
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 28, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #11,934 of 14,272
rolleyes.gif

Laughed out loud for that one!  Casio G-Shock's music app is a very good close second! 
bigsmile_face.gif

...Well "G" Dawg, Pod is taking it one "G" at a time
wink_face.gif
I'm thinking everyone needs at least one white watch and this one has been staring at me recently
eek.gif

GA500-7A_xlarge.png
LOL GA500
tongue_smile.gif

I've thought about that lineup - it's a newer casing, and may make my way to my wrist when I check the different colors out in person.  I've been looking for Multi-Band 6 featured G-Shocks lately so I can use them for work as I need very accurate timekeeping.

A few pics from the latest I've bought:

Sinn B-Uhr 856

Bulova Moonwatch

Helgray TCD-01

Kind of "meh", will probably be my beater watch along with the G-shock.

Band material for G-Shocks (especially white) is a factor.  Matte white does get dirty easier, but is easier to clean.  Gloss white is very nice and takes longer to dirty, but if it is scuffed, that scuffed area is basically toast/"finito".  Of course the pearlescent coating of the GBA-400-7 like @DrSheep mentioned is very nice, but it is glossy and needs to be cared for a little more so scuffs don't happen. Matte white, like my second G-Shock I own (shown here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/70190/watches-another-passion-of-ours-it-seems-post-your-pics/10965#post_12174764), is nice and is easy to clean, when I clean it.

NIce timepieces!

I agree.  I've got the blue version (shown here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/70190/watches-another-passion-of-ours-it-seems-post-your-pics/10965#post_12174764) and it has a blue/purple sheen going on.  Most of the GBA-400 series have special paint coating on them.  I'm ready for the newest Bluetooth version G-Shock (not the newest Casio smartwatch).

Eco Drive Bullhead from Singapore

Nice!

THX Guys, that will sure affect my buying now! Absolutely love those Sinn's gelocks
bigsmile_face.gif

You'll have a choice of a lot of colors for the GBA-400's!  Lime green (or any other color) GBA-400 would be a snazzy complement to your "Prince", I'd reckon! 

Here's most of the GBA-400's:

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #11,935 of 14,272
Yeah, as nice as the lime green is I'm kind of partial to that Texas Longhorn orange one
tongue_smile.gif
Being from Austin and living here in Little Rock since '97 I take every chance I get to wear my colors for these crazy Hog fans of course their stab back at me is my 13 year old is a die hard Piggie
blink.gif
I'm going to keep him though
wink_face.gif

I did have to give "Have a great day" rep for that sweet looking Bullhead, that thing is flat out yummy looking
beerchug.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #11,936 of 14,272
Yeah, as nice as the lime green is I'm kind of partial to that Texas Longhorn orange one:tongue_smile: Being from Austin and living here in Little Rock since '97 I take every chance I get to wear my colors for these crazy Hog fans of course their stab back at me is my 13 year old is a die hard Piggie:blink: I'm going to keep him though:wink_face:

I did have to give "Have a great day" rep for that sweet looking Bullhead, that thing is flat out yummy looking:beerchug:

You should take a look at the orange one, has a really nice sheen to it and no other G-Shock that I know has the exact same color with sheen. :beerchug:

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #11,937 of 14,272

Diamond / Gibeon Meteorite Lupah

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #11,940 of 14,272

Users who are viewing this thread

Back