Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Mar 28, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #11,371 of 14,276
If they ever did, they would need to try different model G-Shocks, as not all are created completely equal. Most have a resin outer, but some are stainless steel and some are made out of titanium. Hopefully, at least one type of model would make it out alive. If not, no worries, if a watch was put in a blender or something with spinning blades under unique circumstances while the owner was wearing it, I would have to say that more than likely the owner would be in much worse shape.
You could say that the owner would have bigger problems than a $100 watch.

Mar 28, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #11,372 of 14,276
You could say that the owner would have bigger problems than a $100 watch.

Depends on the watch. Some start at around $100 and go up to usually $6,000 retail. Even more if they are really limited! :beerchug:

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #11,373 of 14,276
  I like this one:

The dark grey goes well with red.

I really like the look of that one to CdC
biggrin.gif

Of all the watches I have my wife told me the other day she like my Casio the most and she's not even seen it with the brushed metal band yet
rolleyes.gif

I like it's Omega knockoff look myself plus I could probably buy every model in the Casio Edifice line and not spend what one Omega would cost me
blink.gif

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #11,374 of 14,276
biggrin.gif

Of all the watches I have my wife told me the other day she like my Casio the most and she's not even seen it with the brushed metal band yet
rolleyes.gif

I like it's Omega knockoff look myself plus I could probably buy every model in the Casio Edifice line and not spend what one Omega would cost me
blink.gif

Looking good! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 28, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #11,375 of 14,276
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif

blink.gif

Love the look on that watch, how is your lume? I was a bit dissapointed with my ECB-500D, the lume is nowhere near as bright as my seiko's even when put in direct sunlight before testing and it fades much sooner in comparrisson. There is still the led light options on mine, but at 6:30 in the morning when I tried to read the time with it, the flash was blindingly bright, which make me thinks this was not all too well thought out. I would have rather seen the illuminator blue light on the gshocks built into this than that flash light.

Mar 29, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #11,376 of 14,276

I typically wear a LLBean tririum field watch or a G-Shock, but this one rotates in fairly often.  

A lot of it is not original at this point--the pearl is new, the minute hand got re-lumed at some point, and the original band broke and fortunately landed INSIDE the canoe in the 80's.  It's been polished more than once, the crystal is fairly new.  My dad bought it in 1969.  He flew missions in Vietnam with it, I wore it on a SSBN patrol (missile sub), and my brother work it for a while flying in Afghanistan.  

That's me on the left:

[Mod edit - fixed image links]

As others have said the history and sentimental value of your watch is priceless!

The watch below was my Mom's 30 years anniversary gist to my Dad. He wore it every day until the day a paramedic took it form his wrist after a car accident that end up killing him. It got  damaged in the accident and did not work for over 30 years until I found somebody to rebuild it for me. It is not the most expensive watch I have by far but is my treasure!

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 31, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #11,378 of 14,276
blink.gif

I dig Edifice; I have one somewhere at home and it's got great detail and execution for the price. Too bad it never gets any wrist time.

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #11,379 of 14,276
  5712r kind of a day today. I posted a pic of the watch a while ago, but snapped this one earlier today, the lighting was just right in my car and liked the warmth of the metal.

Striking and lovely!
Enjoy!
(at least ants can't make it inside the watch!!!! :p)

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #11,380 of 14,276

Striking and lovely!

Thanks. I wish it were a real striking watch though. Lange 145.025 is my favorite striking time watch, and my current grail.

http://www.alange-soehne.com/en/timepieces/zeitwerk/#zeitwerk-striking-time/introduction/145-025

In the meantime, a different pic, with more contrast:

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #11,382 of 14,276
  5712r kind of a day today. I posted a pic of the watch a while ago, but snapped this one earlier today, the lighting was just right in my car and liked the warmth of the metal.

Like your watch our cars show we are in a different monetary class
eek.gif
Very nice
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #11,383 of 14,276
Fine choices all around, regardless of budget. :)

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #11,384 of 14,276
Black today, Pepsi tomorrow.

Not to worry, I'll keep you all posted on my hopeless back-and-forth of color decisions!

I must be in the minority then, as I don't quite get the Pepsi bezels. BLNR maybe, as the color combination is more versatile and could conceivably work in a more elegant setting. Black bezels on a diver watch rule. Unless you go with no bezel at all, like the Ressence types 1 or 3.

Not my watch or photo, but to give you an idea in case you're unfamiliar with them:

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #11,385 of 14,276

Like your watch our cars show we are in a different monetary class
eek.gif
Very nice
bigsmile_face.gif

I like Tissot actually. Owned one too, their heritage worldtimer. Fine watch, but kept breaking so I got rid of it. Come to think of, it's my only watch that I've had issues with  - would simply stop running regardless of how much it was wound.

And cars or watches mean nothing; Jeff Bezos notoriously was still driving around his old beater Acura despite being a billionaire many times over.

Edit - or Honda Accord or something. Don't quite recall what the story was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back