Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jul 19, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #12,842 of 14,270
Once again not up there with you big boys but I was just gifted this beauty, Orient Titanium Auto with full sapphire crystal:grin:

IMG_20190719_203126.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #12,843 of 14,270
2SklmIS.jpg

:) The "all-American" combo (yes, yes, I know about RGM, but what's the point of being 100% made in America if it still looks old world?).

The Tread 2 here is a BTO from Devon to match the color scheme of my Tread 1 - they gave me a hearty discount, and they even threw in a free rush build for me so that I can wear it on my trip to Asia. Try getting that deal with a Swiss company.

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #12,845 of 14,270
Jul 24, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #12,846 of 14,270
For some reason, I can't see the pics. I have a couple Glashutte Originals. For some reason, I connect to their aesthetic and love that they're made in-house. The whole fine watch thing seems in direct contrast to the disposable nature of things today. Although lately, I've just been wearing my Garmin Fenix for biking.

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #12,847 of 14,270
2SklmIS.jpg

:) The "all-American" combo (yes, yes, I know about RGM, but what's the point of being 100% made in America if it still looks old world?).

The Tread 2 here is a BTO from Devon to match the color scheme of my Tread 1 - they gave me a hearty discount, and they even threw in a free rush build for me so that I can wear it on my trip to Asia. Try getting that deal with a Swiss company.

Awww, Devons....:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 27, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #12,848 of 14,270
My Fortis B42 Cosmonaut and I at the top of Sandia Peak, looking at Albuquerque from a mile up.

20190727_115646.jpg

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #12,850 of 14,270
I've been tempted by the New Zealand micro brand Magrette for some time I spent five wonderful years working there a while back and my eldest daughter was born in NZ. I've liked the look of their divers but have held back as have always thought at 44mm they would be a bit on the large size.

After finally biting the bullet and picking up a Magrette Kara I couldn't have been more wrong the cushion style case fits comfortably on the wrist and I think it wears smaller than its 44mm size might suggest. I also appreciated the Titanium construction which feels warmer against the skin whilst visiting the Svalbard Islands recently it was quiet noticeable compared to my stainless steel Certina. No complaints with the Caliber STP1-11 movement either which has been running a very consistent 2 seconds fast a day.

ps the second photo the time is 12.15 am no sunrise or sunset just daylight a full 24 hours during the summer.

IMG_20190720_153844[7529].jpg
mag1.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #12,851 of 14,270
I've been tempted by the New Zealand micro brand Magrette for some time I spent five wonderful years working there a while back and my eldest daughter was born in NZ. I've liked the look of their divers but have held back as have always thought at 44mm they would be a bit on the large size.

After finally biting the bullet and picking up a Magrette Kara I couldn't have been more wrong the cushion style case fits comfortably on the wrist and I think it wears smaller than its 44mm size might suggest. I also appreciated the Titanium construction which feels warmer against the skin whilst visiting the Svalbard Islands recently it was quiet noticeable compared to my stainless steel Certina. No complaints with the Caliber STP1-11 movement either which has been running a very consistent 2 seconds fast a day.

ps the second photo the time is 12.15 am no sunrise or sunset just daylight a full 24 hours during the summer.

Handsome watch.

Aug 17, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #12,855 of 14,270
I don't have the cash that is behind some of these scary expensive pieces, yikes, but love those watches people. So for those of us who have to make do with truly affordable watches, I offer this I believe 1971 offering from SEIKO. I think the style is dope. Clean, masculine and artistic in it's simplicity. Personally absolutely love the vibe of this thing.

I haven't figured out how to make the day date thing work yet, was busy using Brasso to polish up what was a badly scratched acrylic crystal. Love acrylic, inexpensive and easy to restore!
20190816_190956.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back