Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Apr 6, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #11,416 of 14,276
Had some fun yesterday:

Drove to Oakley's World headquarters to check out their new lineup.

Focused on the headquarters

Focused on my Jason (popular nickname for this particular G-Shock model [reference from Jason from Friday the 13th])

Focused on the entrance

Focused on my Jason

Inside the headquarters is a free glasses cleaning station!

Uses high-pressure water to clean my Oakley sunglasses

Door is lowering to blast air-dry

The sunglasses are rotating throughout the entire process

Finished!

Very industrial revolution decor inside the fortress

Real aircraft seating

After checking out Oakleys, I ate at "Dude, Where's My Curry?" just down the street.  Scrumptious curry selection!

Later, I went to a mall to get my wife's ring cleaned, and stopped by the watch section.

For those that were/are interested in the G-Steel, here are the second generations on my wrist.

G-Steel: Silver and Gold

G-Steel: All-Silver

G-Steel band

Went to the highest end timepiece store in the mall, and they had the MT-Gs available

G-Shock: Black MT-G

G-Shock: Silver MT-G

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #11,418 of 14,276

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #11,419 of 14,276

Mine !

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #11,420 of 14,276
That's really good looking. I'm unfamiliar with the mark - Who is the maker?

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #11,421 of 14,276
  That's really good looking. I'm unfamiliar with the mark - Who is the maker?

That's an Autodromo Group B.

That case, a Ti/Steel/Ti affair, is absolutely wicked. Royal Oak kind of attention to detail.

You may check its W&W review out here. I could go on and on about what makes it very special indeed, but the reviewer did a fantastic job of portraying the fine details of what makes it really stand out in the metal, and I so far couldn't agree more with him.

I'd never thought that my first "important" watch purchase would have been running on a 9015 and made by a company that also produces sunglasses. Boy was I uselessly snob, this watch is gorgeous.

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #11,422 of 14,276
Those are some nice pieces!

Day 1 with the ocean 1 GMT. A lot of watch for the money, I like it! What do you guys think of the size on my wrist?

Looks good, long as it's comfortable to you we don't really matter
wink_face.gif

King Daddy Moe "G", those look like some of the metal G's I pm'd you about, would love to do a day hang out with you like that. Oakley HQ looks like it was a blast
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Italian Blood Orange soda in my glass
tongue_smile.gif
Cheers
beerchug.gif

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #11,423 of 14,276
  Looks good, long as it's comfortable to you we don't really matter
wink_face.gif

King Daddy Moe "G", those look like some of the metal G's I pm'd you about, would love to do a day hang out with you like that. Oakley HQ looks like it was a blast
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Italian Blood Orange soda in my glass
tongue_smile.gif
Cheers
beerchug.gif

True that one your first sentence!

Yeah, we talked about it, didn't want to call you out by name since we privately spoke about it, hehe. 
bigsmile_face.gif
  What did you think of the ones that are shown?  Which is your favorite?  Yeah, come on out to SoCal, lots to do here...we can hang out by the beach while we listen to some awesome tunes on exemplary equipment!  Oakley HQ is crazy...you drive to this area that's nice, but kind of in the boondocks, and you drive up a hill that houses only the Headquarters - great view of the area from the top as well!  The malls that are closest to the Headquarters are super swanky and you'll be able to find most anything you want (that's legal, at least).  The Source A/V in Torrance (around an hour away) is nice as well - they house many TOTL headphones and speaker systems that run up to a million dollars!

Italian Blood Orange sounds yummy...

beerchug.gif
 (Welch's Original 100% Grape Juice in my glass)

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #11,424 of 14,276

Bought this Timex New Today For $52.00 Shipped. I have to stay away from expensive watches. I went through 4 watches last year. 3 were lost due to falling off my wrist and I did not know until I went to check the time. 1 was broken.

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #11,425 of 14,276
Apr 8, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #11,427 of 14,276

True that one your first sentence!

Yeah, we talked about it, didn't want to call you out by name since we privately spoke about it, hehe. 
bigsmile_face.gif
  What did you think of the ones that are shown?  Which is your favorite?  Yeah, come on out to SoCal, lots to do here...we can hang out by the beach while we listen to some awesome tunes on exemplary equipment!  Oakley HQ is crazy...you drive to this area that's nice, but kind of in the boondocks, and you drive up a hill that houses only the Headquarters - great view of the area from the top as well!  The malls that are closest to the Headquarters are super swanky and you'll be able to find most anything you want (that's legal, at least).  The Source A/V in Torrance (around an hour away) is nice as well - they house many TOTL headphones and speaker systems that run up to a million dollars!

Italian Blood Orange sounds yummy...

beerchug.gif
 (Welch's Original 100% Grape Juice in my glass)

Welch's Grape, excellent my friend. Great for the old ticker as it promotes good BP, helps blood vessel's in the heart as well as lowering your LDL
wink_face.gif

I have no doubt that we would have a blast just hanging anywhere
biggrin.gif
I do like that gold and silver G-Steel but I'd probably stretch a couple Benjamin's for the MT-G
tongue_smile.gif

Have a great weekend
happy_face1.gif

Pounding the old H20 on frozen H20 today, cleaning out before the weekend which starts in less than two hours now
cool.gif
Got me some Stout's and Brown Ale's chilling in the fridge from Diamond Bear one of our local micro's
beerchug.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #11,428 of 14,276
A couple directions I'm looking at. The Seiko is a blast from the early 70's past. I still remember frustrations with Seiko self-winds falling out of time. The good news is you don't have to call time anymore.

The Nomos well...:wink: :D

- Nomos Glasshutte Tangente
- http://www.ebay.com/itm/252332123008?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #11,429 of 14,276
  Welch's Grape, excellent my friend. Great for the old ticker as it promotes good BP, helps blood vessel's in the heart as well as lowering your LDL
wink_face.gif

I have no doubt that we would have a blast just hanging anywhere
biggrin.gif
I do like that gold and silver G-Steel but I'd probably stretch a couple Benjamin's for the MT-G
tongue_smile.gif

Have a great weekend
happy_face1.gif

Pounding the old H20 on frozen H20 today, cleaning out before the weekend which starts in less than two hours now
cool.gif
Got me some Stout's and Brown Ale's chilling in the fridge from Diamond Bear one of our local micro's
beerchug.gif

Sounds good...beast mode, my friend! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #11,430 of 14,276
Those are some nice pieces!

Day 1 with the ocean 1 GMT. A lot of watch for the money, I like it! What do you guys think of the size on my wrist?

It kind of looks big on your wrist but as others mentioned, if it's comfortable and you love it, that's all that matters!
Personally, I LOVE big watches and I also love Steinhart so that means... LOVE THE PIC! It definitely packs a punch. :)
(Currently have their Apollon and their Terra Incognita.)

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back